[MAJOR UPDATE] Low Poly Terrain Creator

Hello! Recently I have done a major update on one of my old plugins, Low Poly Terrain Creator, and I am here to provide a tutorial on how to use this tool

First let’s see what you are able to create with this plugin.

Without further ado, let’s get on with the tutorial!

Step 1
If you do not have the plugin downloaded/updated please do so, link below.

Step 2
Below is a picture on how the interface is set up. As you could see, there are 3 tabs

• Edit
  • Generate
  • Brush

Edit Tab
On the Edit Tab, you can find three checkboxes which are “Edit Mode”, “Snapping”, “Show Nodes” as well as a slider.

• Edit Mode → if on, you can adjust individual nodes position, if off you can begin by drawing triangles for your terrain manually.

• Snapping → This is a setting to determine whether or not your mouse can snap to the closest node to it.

• Show Nodes → (this should be used if you want your terrain to be editable again) If on, it makes nodes transparent, with the properties CanCollide, CanQuery and CanTouch set to false.

• Slider → This relates to the Snapping checkbox, how many studs you want the snapping to be.

Below that you can find the Material Select, as well the color select which the generation of triangles/terrain will take.

Generate Tab
Here is a picture on how the Generate Tab is laid out.

As you could see there are a few options here, such as

• Grid Size → This determines how many nodes on a vertical/horizontal axis you will have (NxN)
  • Node spacing → This determines how far apart those nodes are in studs
  • Height → This is used for random terrain generation giving it a height map.
  • Generate → By clicking this button, the random generation process for your terrain will begin.
  • Clear Nodes → (Note, using this terrain will not be editable again) Remove the nodes you currently have.
  • Clear All → This deletes your whole terrain data.

NOTE: To increase performance for your experiences, maximize Node Spacing and minimize Grid Size.

Brush Tab

With this tab you can easily manipulate your generated terrain.

• Brush Size → This is how big your brush is in studs.
  • Brush Weight → This is how many studs your affected nodes move per step.
  • Opacity → The higher the number and the further the node is from the brush center, the less it gets affected.
  • Mode → Select whether you want the terrain to be increased or decreased in height.

I hope this was helpful, if anyone has more improvements or feature requests, don’t hesitate to reply!

Thank you,
KinqAndi

40 Likes

Looks cool, but you should include images of what can be created with this!

8 Likes

Great feedback, edited the post to showcase a little bit of what can be achieved!

This might actually be INSANELY useful for me, how does the terrain show in the explorer? As a whole mesh, parts or…?

For right now, it draws 4 wedges per square.

1 Like

Looks awesome! I will be trying this very soon! :smile:

1 Like

This looks like something I will be using in the future, great job! I have not seen a plugin like this before, it is really unique. :+1::wink:

1 Like

This is a great plugin, ans just when I was looking for something lile this.

I am very excited to use it!

But before I do, I’ve noticed a community topic about possible MarketplaceService injections through this plugin. Is this plugin safe to use?

I have replied under that post with proof that it is not this plugin. They probably have some other plugin downloaded that was causing that backdoor.

1 Like

Ah yes! :sweat_smile:

I’ve just seen it! Completely my bad.

Great work! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you! I definitely will continue to make major improvements and add new features!!

1 Like

Yes finally it is worth my robux =DDD
good job =DDDD

This is a very great plugin, but it’s very similar to Meshy, a plugin that does practically the same thing but without the brush. Are there more advantages that this plugin has over Meshy, besides the bruh? If not, while this is a very cool plugin, I think I’m gonna stay with the free one…

1 Like

Optimization I’d say, and the more features to come soon.

Alright then, I’m probably going to stick with Meshy for a while but in a few months I’ll check this out again and I might buy it. Awesome work nonetheless :+1:

2 Likes

Wow, this is awesome. I will use it :slight_smile:

1 Like

The ability to select multiple nodes when manually adjusting them would be a great addition.

2 Likes