-1 Favorites on Game

I’ve put off reporting this for a long while.

In an old group I once owned (currently closed off and abandoned), I don’t know what I was doing or what happened, but I happened to get my game to -1 favorites. Adding it to my favorites sets it to 0. It’s nothing important and it doesn’t affect anyone, but a bug is a bug so here it is I guess.

And of course, a Gif.
https://i.gyazo.com/dc9b3af310cff15ee3e3353ce61414e6.mp4

(EDIT: Apparently this Gif shows that favoriting the game does not increment the number of favorites, despite it doing so in the past.)

7 Likes

I’m just curious… how does this even happen? It seems to me that this feature, among other features that count things such as friends, would be based on a COUNT() from an SQL database… how would would it ever become -1?

I don’t think this is managed by a singular relational database, that doesn’t seem very scalable considering there are places with hundreds of thousands of likes and favorites. What most likely happens is that they store, per user, which things they favorited/liked, and per place they only store the tally of likes/favorites which is incremented/decremented for every user action.

3 Likes

did roblox dislike your game :angry:

kidding, that’s pretty odd though.

1 Like

I don’t even know, it just happened without warning. I’m not able to reproduce this bug either.

Hi Noxare,

Thank you for reporting this issue on the Developer Forum. We need the following details to help us investigate:

• Place link
  • Approximate date you started seeing this issue

Place link is here.
Don’t have a specific date, nor can I recall approximately when I started seeing this happening

Place visits have been set to 0, not sure if it was reset in the system or because someone was able to increment the favorites number by adding the game to their favorites.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.