1 Minute Game Trailers

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to make a game trailer longer than 30 seconds.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my game as it will allow trailers to convey more meaning, build up and excitement into the media format thus making players more excited to experience the game.

81 Likes

Have noticed that sometimes Roblox trailers try to compress everything, or just cut off due to the limited amount of time to show off what the game is about.

I’d like to point out that this is one limit which has been around since the feature was first introduced in 2012. Now could be a good time to expand upon this limit considering the games on Roblox have gotten a lot more intricate since then.

https://blog.roblox.com/2012/04/promote-your-game-with-video/

25 Likes

Bumping post, I’d love to create more in-depth trailers that give players a taste of what’s really possible in large projects.

Large expansive games that dream big have a lot of gameplay to them, and longer videos can better illustrate the story for everyone.

30 seconds is only enough to quickly cut around and show action and have some call to action. With 60 second videos Developers and marketers can be more effective in getting the message across, having more build up, which I think can improve and help tell a story.

14 Likes

I would definitely really enjoy having the ability to have 60-second trailer lengths, heck, at the very least I’d probably even be able to work with 45. But 30-second trailers are way too short in my opinion.

7 Likes

Just to incite some thought, what would you think of longer than 1 minute trailers, not that I know anything about trailers, but I think you’d have more creative freedom with longer trailers. Realistically, if users don’t wish to watch the trailer they could just choose not to watch it, so limiting it seems somewhat counter-intuitive.

1 Like

The limit was originally likely added over moderation concerns (a moderator has to review every video thumbnail added to an experience). At the time it was likely concluded that 30 seconds was a good enough time to show off your experience while moderation was also able to cope, however as the years went on this time limit never increased despite the average off-platform game trailers getting longer and longer.

3 Likes

I’m sad that this limit still after 4 years hasn’t been changed, after seeing the famous short videos, youtube shorts and tiktok for example, it shows how from 30 to 60 seconds, can make a lot of difference for some longer and more creative trailers!

2 Likes