1 Pixel Gap Between any UI Element and UIStroke

Reproduction Steps

To reproduce, just insert a Frame and add a UIStroke to it and you’ll see a gap at the bottom. This may be a bug caused by 2560x1440 resolution.

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

Expected Behavior

I expect there not to be a gap between the Frame and the stroke outline.

Actual Behavior

There is a gap between the Frame and the stroke outline

Workaround

You can workaround it by adding a 1 pixel frame to fill the gap but obviously this is not ideal.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

31 Likes

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

7 Likes

Any update on this? This bug seems to still occur for me.

6 Likes

Yep me too! It’s very annoying as my UI is built using UIStroke and it makes it look ugly.

3 Likes

Also having this issue in my game, it goes away when I go into Fullscreen on PC so it might be related to that.

1 Like

Any update on this? It has now been more than 2 months and this issue is still happening.

6 Likes

This is causing ugly visual issues for some players in a game that I help develop so I would also appreciate an update.

4 Likes

Hi, everyone, and thank you for having reported this issue.
However, it seems the issue still occurs, as my GUIs are impacted by the same type of problem.

[Edit] To find a way solving the problem follow the following steps:
First and foremost, I’ve replaced the UIStroke by a Frame/CanvasGroup. You can extend it from each side (I’ve set 5px on each) and you can use the AnchorPoint vector so you set the content of the Frame/CanvasGroup in the middle. And then, it looks like a UIStroke.
I know this way isn’t the best, but still better until Roblox solves the problem itself…

5 Likes

It would be very much appreciated if there was an update. This is still affecting ui elements in my game ~9 months later. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is affecting my game as well.

Hi @PhoenixSigns - thank you for reporting this issue. I have escalated this in priority and will plan on getting started on a fix for this soon. Please keep in mind that it can take time to get an engineer assigned, the fix to be implemented, and ultimately deployed with a studio/client in production (available for community use) - anywhere from 2wks to 1mo, or more depending on the complexity of the fix and other urgent issues that may come up.

We appreciate your patience as we work through our backlog of bugs! :pray:

8 Likes

Hi, we recently enabled a fix for this issue, do you mind double check if this is still happening to you? Thanks.

5 Likes

This has been resolved for me. Thank you!

1 Like

This is still happening for me on surface guis
Left of the UI
Right of the UI

On the left one there is a gap between the darker UI that is over the UI
And on the right the shadow goes over the UIStroke

Sorry for late reply. Yes it has been fixed!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.