100% Physics Based Cart System [V2.0 Update]

I used two cars in my example, I just put an equal driving force in both cars.

Does abandoned carts despawn after a certain amount of time?

Big update!

V2.0 Changes

• Carts now have an improved dashboard with a speed display and iconography.

• Now uses modern CollisionGroup names rather than legacy CollisionGroupIds.

• Driving is now dynamically juggled between client / server depending on whether someone is riding in the cart for better responsiveness of the controls.

• Controls now handle clicking ClickDetectors for switches and stuff underneath the throttle control better. Switching a switch will never interrupt your throttle setting anymore, clicking the switch will take priority.

• Along with this switching switches pointing the wrong way when going through them is now done temporarily on the client in addition to being one on the server so you can go backwards through a switch as fast as you want without crashing.

• Improved cart handling / acceleration at low speeds.

14 Likes

Added some new track sections to the place / set model (diagonal switches + diamond crossing):

10 Likes

Sorry to bother, but my carts keep falling off the track since I’m using the older track models, but I’ve edited the rails CollisionGroup to work with your cart. I’ve tried to fix this by moving the physical models (not the “visual” ones) they just go back to normal in-game and make the visual wheels look weird. How can I keep the physical models in the same position?

Why does the cart stay at 50 and -50 every time I use the W and S keys and it doesn’t speed up?

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-13 161255

same issue here… and most of my players are on mobile so it’s kind off annoying, really hope someone could provide a fix.

I suggest this Puglin, it does not have the effect when you brake but it is a good thing, the bad thing is that it costs 125 robux but it is seriously worth it!!

Why is this happening?

1 Like