17+ age rating for light gore

My game was put under review for blood and gore, and now, roblox support is telling me to change age recommendations to 17+ or remove it completely. What makes my blood system different from games such as Combat Warriors, Criminality, Blackout and others, that it’s rated 17+?

Blood warning

5 Likes

Does the game allow players to toggle to blood on/off?

4 Likes

Currently not, because it was opened for a beta test.

2 Likes

I would argue that’s not light gore. Light gore is more about the portrayal of cuts and wounds and maybe cartoonish blood splatter. The blood shown in the video is considerably graphic as it depicts the color of real blood and its physics. 17+ for those graphics sounds pretty reasonable.

3 Likes

In my opinion, a simple, non textured circular red blood splatters look cartoony enough to be considered as 13+.

Compare that blood with one of the popular games, combat warriors. Combat warriors got semi-realistic blood particles spraying out of your body, more graphical and frequent blood, more violent finishers, limbs literally attaching to spears, etc. And it’s rated 13+

3 Likes

Okay, does the questionnaire ask about a blood toggle feature? I’ve heard that Roblox does allow more blood if it can be toggled, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Do both, have one where most of the blood effects are off by default or changed maybe to look kind of cartoony and then a +17 version where everything is on like in the video, plus now you can be even more graphic and have limbs and heads roll around, cursing, etc. :wink:

1 Like
@knightmb1

I’ve got my original game unbanned, after asking if blood toggle would help, they pointed me to Roblox Community Standards

Community standarts only restrict “Realistic or real-world depictions of extreme gore, graphic violence, or death”, which I think doesn’t affect my game in this case. I’ve currently reuploaded the game (because I need it under a group now) with blood toggle feature in place. You can see it here

3 Likes

I genuinely don’t see why it would be considered 17+ here. To me, it seems to be light gore. Its not like it’s super realistic. And for sure no where near as much as combat warrior. I personally would not change it to 17+ as it cannot be changed back. I would just recommend a toggle and see what happens with that.

2 Likes

Same opinion and I’ve done just that, linked the game in my last comment.

1 Like

I’m usually against roblox moderation but this one seems fair enough. The point of the game seems to be themed around gore. Those other games have it togglable and not the only purpose of the game.

2 Likes

I’ve made it togglable now and its a framework test. The game is slowly turning into free roam type of game. In that case, you could say the same about Combat Warriors, Criminality (which is similar to my game), Blackout and other, having blood & gore doesn’t mean its themed around it.

2 Likes

yeah but to a moderator joining your game as it is that’s what they are probably thinking. If its toggleable it should go back from being 17+

2 Likes

I guess it should mean something? I doubt that a real moderator joined my game though.

I’ve removed the blood from original game (linked under my profile) and haven’t touched it since then, due to reuploading the game to group. Now I have a blood toggle that is off my default and I guess that it actually worked.

EDIT: The original game (under my profile) was reverted back to public with no blood.

1 Like

yeah thats actually a really good point

2 Likes