1949 | Filler Buildings

Hey DevForum Community! I am back here to hopefully get some feedback on my builds, these buildings here are fillers for a game NY: 1949. I tried my best to kind of replicate some of the buildings you would have seen back then during that time, as the U.S was starting to get into the age of their “modern” technology during that time.

I just wanted to hopefully get some feedback on what I can do to make it more “1949” style to fit the genre! Do your thing DevForum! :slight_smile:

20 Likes

These are looking pretty hot ngl. :hot_face:
I would just change the glass to the glass material. It doesn’t look like glass in my opinion.
I would also add a lot more detail to the doors and the roof, try adding pipes or a AC unit.

2 Likes

They look good but the 2 on the right remind me of 70’s or 80’s style buildings. The middle 1 because the windows look sealed, something uncommon then because of no central A/C.

Also, in 1949, NYC was full of buildings from the 20’s and 30’s. Except the UN building, a lot of structures were almost pyramid shape (wide bottom, thinner top).

8 Likes

Like the user above said, two of those buildings do not look very 1949. I suggest more Art Deco architectural elements, including more setbacks and architectural details. In addition, a lot of buildings from the Victorian era and early 1900’s were still standing, buildings such as this. Look for pictures of early skyscrapers to get some inspiration.

5 Likes

Wow! I love it looks simple but still looks realistic with less parts because if there’s more parts, lag will most likely ruin the experience!

1 Like

Ah yes! I definitely see where you’re coming from, I will probably be making those adjustments to the buildings when I make more in the future. I do appreciate your feedback!

1 Like

The windows on the building look very minimal, so I’d recommend detailing them, along with the doorways. Other than that, it does capture the vibe of a 1949 style building!

1 Like

You gotta remember that HVAC wasn’t really popular when the buildings were built, even though by the 50s HVAC was a thing.

3 Likes