1st Layer: Depth of the Abyss

Hi people it’s been a while since I’ve uploaded a topic. Now here I am since I am bored and nothing to do during Covid. I’ve been watching a lot of Made in Abyss and inspired me to make Roblox Showcase out of it. I plan to post feedback topics about things I added in the map every week so I’m looking forward to the feedbacks. :smile:

So the first thing I did was used the new feature 'Part to Terrain, it helped me out a lot.

Now I only had to do some sculpting, but it took most of my time in studio.
Note: the terrain is not final, I will be sculpting them again to add more details
in the future. The image below only shows how many scupltings I’ve done so far.

Finally, I can’t end it without lighting effects so here.

1 Like

Just wanted to say, this terrain looks amazing :slight_smile: I’ll have to check out that plugin, looks like it will be useful. Anyways, I love the detail put into your build. Keep up the good work-

1 Like

The terrain looks very nice! My only feedback is that there are some weird sports, such as image 5, where there is a part that just floats in the air. I don’t know if this is intentional, please let me know. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

This looks absolutely amazing!~ I assume you’re planning on adding more decorations to the terrain later.

1 Like

Yes, I will be planning add more things in the future. It just a rough draft for now.

1 Like

Ah it is intentional since i will be editing it in the future. Here’s a picture what im trying to recreate:

Note: since when you reaches that spot it’s gonna take you to another location. The showcase is about descending from place to place until you reached the bottom of the abyss.
Here’s a 2d map of the whole thing if your interested:

2 Likes