1th Game made during covid

(UPDATE) GemHunter - Roblox This was my 1 game pls review it the new game will be good

7 Likes

You should ask QA central about your game, or if you did already, can you add screen shot to here?

1 Like

I mean, you certainly scripted stuff… unless you used free model scripts… Which is perfectly plausible.

This needs a lot of ironing out before it even becomes close to a “game”, quite frankly.

2 Likes

Not much of a game, just a box with a free model leaderboard and HD admin panel

im sorry but my friend had this to say, and myself

Friend: this is just a game experience with a box with the creator in it, just a total time played leaderboard and you are in the game experience

Me: this dosen’t even sound like a gemhunter game,

dude why do you even say the new game experience will be good but its really not the game experience has been stickin around for a year now lol

I’m pretty sure its spelled 1st, not 1th.

Well, I would recomend that you watch some youtube videos and learn how to make a game. Because this is not a game. Nice try, but free models on a screwed up template don’t count.

to be blunt, i dont even count this as a game

3 Likes

Put more effort into I took me 10 minutes to know that the blue part teleports a player

3 Likes

I understand that you were probably new to Roblox Studio at the time. Let me give you some clarifications on what you need to fix in order to improve your experience.

In general, the lobby needs some more effort put into it and the teleport button was really hard to find.

1 Like

Like many said, this is too bad to even be considered a game. It’s your first, and many people’s first games (including mine) sucked like yours does, so it’s nothing abnormal.

I would recommend you to look into this if you’d like to get better at scripting.

Edit: I apologize If I was rude, I tried to not be so but I’m not sure about it. I’ve just realized that the game isn’t that bad after you get teleported. This is better than my first game (it already was even with the box being the only thing lol). Don’t focus on the ruder part, just remember that first games don’t have to be great. Sorry for prejudging the game, I’ve got no excuse for doing that.

it’s a game, alright. maybe… not? i don’t know. it’s something!

1 Like

Lets just say, it’s SOMETHING.

It’s a 1/10. Too bad to be considered a game. But it’s your first game so I cant be too harsh. It’s bad like our first games.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed a few of the comments are a bit negative and don’t provide much insight. I’d imagine this might be one of the first games you’ve made on Roblox, so try not to consider them too much.

If this is your first game and you enjoy the experience of developing your own ROBLOX game, don’t give up! Eventually, you’ll be able to hone in on your skills and make a game or project that you’re really proud of!

For beginners, the dev forum usually, is a great place to go for help with various different areas such as scripting, building, 3D Modeling, etc. You can also try out YouTube for plenty of tutorials for what you need to create your own game!

If you’re interested in scripting to make your game correctly function, I’d try out the Roblox Developer Hub first, they have plenty of different tutorials for you to follow that are specifically meant for beginners. (I’ll link it below if you’re interested)

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/

Keep developing and you’ll get there! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

uhh regarding the title of this post did you mean “1st Game made during covid” or am i misunderstanding something

1 Like

I honestly think you just made this devforum posts for views, because you can’t call a “game” sitting in a box and doing nothing…

1 Like

There’s a teleportation box somewhere on the wide blue part. It took me 5 minutes to find lol

1 Like

these comments are so negative on this poor kid.

keep trying ! i believe you can make something pretty cool one day. this is a start!

4 Likes

Good for your first game! I would recommend labelling the teleport pad better, maybe by adding text or an image, so that players know where to go. I would also make the white walls in the first level more detailed, maybe by changing their material?

Either way, we all have to start somewhere so well done to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

If he want to, he can learn from alvinblox, i learned half of my code from him

1 Like

My feedback is below. And for reference, I was able to leave the lobby and found 4 gems and had two remaining, according to the screen.

1. In the lobby area, move the “Lobby” text much lower so people will realize your game isn’t just them in a box.
  2. Put some text or an indicator over the blue spawn area so people know to walk on it to teleport. You can use the plugin “ThreeDText” to achieve this easily.
    [https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/2273628561/ThreeDText-2?pageNumber=1&pagePosition=0&keyword=ThreeDText](https://ThreeDText 2)
  3. While I did see the text on the wall saying how many gems I had, I think most people aren’t going to see this. There are trees, buildings, and other things making it difficult to see. Also, one of the gems I found inside a room where it’s impossible to see the outside wall. I’d say learn about screen GUI’s.
    DevHub about interfaces: Learn Roblox
    Guides on UI - UI | Roblox Creator Documentation
  4. When picking up the Orb it would be great to see it when I equip it.
    Getting Started
  5. The doors are frustrating. I’d honestly just say remove them until you can work out how to open/close them better through interaction or a better mechanic.
  6. Some little block on the ground hurt me? That was weird. No real indication it’s an enemy or would do damage, unless this was a bug.
  7. For you stairs you can make it a smooth run up by placing a wedge with transparency 1 over them. RoBuilder had a good video showing tips like this for developers.
  8. There is no real indicator that I’m supposed to click on the gems, I was trying to walk over them and it didn’t work.
  9. Your border isn’t long enough. I was able to just walk out of the zone with gems and visit the rest of your map.

My closing thoughts for you are to stick with it and keep learning. Google is your friend and a lot of Roblox forum posts show up providing great information. I think the Roblox Developer Hub is a wonderful resource that would instantly improve your build by utilizing what they teach (link below). You had a vision, and you made that into a game, and that’s awesome. The biggest takeaway (based on the comments before mine) is that people had a hard time knowing where to go initially. That’s an easy fix to make. Listen to feedback, iterate often, learn, and you’ll be fine. Good luck to you.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/onboarding

1 Like