2 Sponsors immediately spent my entire budget

Title kinda explains the issue. Last night I ran a sponsor for 2 days with a lifetime budget of around $70.

Within the first hour or so the entire budget is gone and spent.

I assumed maybe this is an issue with a lifetime budget? So I spent another $120 with a daily budget of $40. It immediately spent the first $40 within the first hour and I am really hoping it doesnt do the same thing for the next day and the next.

Is this a bug? Why is this happening, it’s very frustrating.
Here is proof of the issue:
https://gyazo.com/7fab1245e4cf8e60020038410739a706
Could I be entitled to a refund in anyway? You can clearly see in the gif the budget set, the days, and the fact that the entire budget is already ripped through.

4 Likes

Followup. Day 2 it spent the entire budget AGAIN
I can only expect it to do the same on day 3. This is very annoying.

Hi, there have been no major changes to our system recently that could be related to this behavior, and we do not guarantee that all ads will be evenly paced due to market fluctuations. We will continue to look into improving our pacing. Thanks for the report!

2 Likes

Hi thanks for the response. On the final day of my 3 day sponsor this issue persisted. While I understand there is no guarantee that all ads will be evenly placed, it shouldn’t spend literally the entire budget within the first hour. Even with a lifetime budget spanning 2 days it also shouldn’t spend literally the entire budget almost immediately. It spared me only a few dollars out of $72 that also eventually got sucked away by the end of the first day.

While I do say it takes the entire budget within the first hour or so I am being fairly generous with that timeframe. It spends like 95% of the entire budget within the first 10 - 30 minutes and the remaining 5% slowly gets sucked away after.

I am down $200 because of this. Is there anyway I can get a full or partial refund because of this? I am also fearful of dumping even more into sponsors if this issue already happened twice in a row for me.

I’m not necessarily worried about evenly placed ads, I understand that it pumps more money at different hours, but from my prior sponsoring experience it would give these boosts at different times and it never dumped the entire budget almost immediately.

If I set ads to run for 2 - 3 days I should expect to at least see a sponsor on that last day. Seems kind of counter intuitive if I set a sponsor to run for 2 - 3 days and theres a chance its all gone within the first hour.

5 Likes

Following up I just spent another $20 and it happened AGAIN
https://gyazo.com/cc755c1ba5c27247b5f12101f2daed22 here is proof.

I am done spending sponsors on my game until this is resolved. Really hoping I can get refunded for this issue. It literally spent 100% of the budget almost instantly. This is definitely unintentional and I am currently unable to sponsor until this gets resolved. I dont wanna burn anymore money.

2 Likes

Another followup it actually spent DOUBLE of the intended amount on that $20 sponsor.

Here you can clearly see a daily budget of $20 is set and the ad is only set to run for 24 hours. You can also see on the left side that $40 in ad credits was spent. Looks like there’s all types of issues with the ad manager right now.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. Here’s a clearer explanation of how the budget allocation works:

1. The budget is allocated based on auction dynamics, which means we cannot guarantee a linear pacing of the budget.
  2. The daily budget is set for each calendar day, irrespective of the time duration within that day.

We understand the importance of providing a satisfactory experience for advertisers. Based on your input, we’re committed to enhancing the Ads Manager to provide experience regarding budget pacing and daily budgets.

Regarding refunds, our policy does not permit reimbursements when the budget has been spent to deliver impressions or plays. We appreciate your understanding.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

1 Like

I understand this but it is literally impossible to properly sponsor when it dumps it all immediately. I’m not expecting linear pacing, it never has been that way from my previous uses. I am however expecting my entire budget to not be gone within the first hour. The data I get isn’t even accurate either, time of day can effect CTR and retention. I’d need to be able to have a flow of players throughout the day to get accurate metrics which is currently impossible when I cant get a sponsor to last longer than an hour.

This has happened 3 times in a row with the same game. Especially understanding that refunds are not possible the more I attempt to properly sponsor the more money I burn away. Maybe apply a percentage limit to how much of the budget can get spent every few hours or so?

I really want to be able to run sponsors on my current game but with the way the algorithm is handling it I am essentially just burning money every time I attempt to do so. This isn’t a one-off thing either or something that happens sometimes. It has consistently happened 3 times in a row.

It’s especially bad when you set a lifetime budget for 3 days and its completely gone immediately, like I said this is a consistent issue as well so its essentially impossible for me to set a lifetime budget currently. While I don’t want to, I am forced into a position where I cannot run sponsors until this is resolved. Please keep me updated if you can.

I appreciate your responses and the time taken to look into this issue.

1 Like

i remember getting 1500 players and in 2020 with 200k robux sponsor on PC, oh my good days. if i did that sponsor nowadays ON PC i would probs get 50-70 players in first 20 mins and then stick back to 20 players :grinning:

honestly, when sponsor changed to ad manager it been completely useless, having spikes of players from 5-10 to 30 in a moment and it instantly drops back while you waste money for that spike is pointless. old sponsor system just was running rapidly all the time

another roblox update that no one asked for but they thought it was needed