2 Step on for accounts unverified

Reproduction Steps

Need an old unverified account. I have two bot accounts that I use for automating group ranks and such, however I cannot login to one of them due to it having a 2 step on even though I never turned it on for the account, and there is no verified email for the codes to send it to. One of the bot accounts did have a verified email, however I had never had two step on for it and I just got a two step prompt for it.

Expected Behavior

Not have 2 step be enabled when it’s not toggled.

Actual Behavior

I am prompted by two step even though my account does not have it enabled.

Workaround

I do not, and now one of my accounts is seemingly locked because of this issue.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-08-25 00:08:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-08-25 00:08:00 (-04:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

5 Likes

If I’m reading this correctly, this is intentional behavior. Roblox released an update a while back, that, if you had a verified email, you would get occasional checks with 2 step verification, even if you explicitly toggled it off.

I haven’t experienced it much myself, but I can confirm this bug is real and has happened as of when the random 2 step check update happened
(only twice I’ve had unverified accounts ask for emails, and both times they seemed to fix themselves after a week or so of waiting. If they’re still broken after a week, I’d imagine contacting support and being patient enough for the long chain of replies you’ll need to make to clarify your issue would get you back in)

I have also in the past had verified emails without 2 step turned on give me the random 2 step check but not actually send any emails out, but I’d say that’s a seperate bug.

2 Likes

You didn’t read correctly, only one account had a verified email while the other did not.

Issue is still persisting, can I get a reply on this?

I’d just verify the account if I were you.

I literally can’t even login to the account to verify…please read before posting.

1 Like

Still waiting on an engineer to get on this as this is actually critical due to 2fa bugging out.

1 Like

Thanks for the post and sorry for the late response. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

3 Likes