2018 Accelerator & Incubator Program: A recap

Game Development. Let’s be real - It’s rough.

This year, we had the privilege to work with 62 amazing developers on bringing the next wave of innovative games to the platform. During each of our programs, we assisted our developers with creating a game pitch, structuring a day-to-day timeline, and executing their goals. Now that we’ve reached the end of the year, we thought we would share some of the awesome creations that are playable thus far:

2018’s Spring Class

Booga Booga

Robot 64

Feed your Pets

VentureLand

Finders Keepers

Bloodfest

Beyond the Stars

Time Clash

2018’s Summer Class

Temple Thieves

Vesteria

Beach Simulator

Backpacking

Dragon Soul

Bittersweet

Roblox High School 2

Hostile Skies

Buccaneers

Book of Monsters

Fairy World

Hackr

Adopt Me - Housing Update

Hole in the Wall

We will update this list with more of our participants games as they are released. We can’t wait for our 2019 classes. Although applications have closed, we hope those of you who missed it will come and join us for one of our classes in the future!

-RoughSphereBlox

47 Likes

Nice work everyone!

Good luck if anyone gets inspiration from this and applies next time.

3 Likes

It was a pleasure to have worked on one of these games!

2 Likes

Oh, “rough” can be an understatement for some. Expand that list straight down to boring, draining, tiresome, stressful and things unspeakable and beyond. You could also expand it upward toward to joyous, relieving and accomplishing, though.

I offer my sincerest congratulations to those who’ve persevered and managed to complete the program with an awesome game - or just anyone who’s published a game at all.

I do hope to apply for either of these programs in the future once I overcome some troubles regarding development and gain a little more experience. I feel that I still have a long way to go.

4 Likes

Nice! Would totally do it again. Thanks for the incredible opportunity, the internship propelled my life forward. I would totally suggest interning if you’ve not already. Just doo it!

4 Likes

You just described my life this past week.

1 Like

It sure was an amazing opportunity

Game development can be rough especially with a large scope, and I’m not going to lie it was one of the most disappointing/upsetting feelings not releasing by the end of our program, but I know perseverance pays off and I know our delay will too.

Besides the amazing hospitality at Roblox, free snacks, hanging out with mirror images of yourself all day, and loving your jobs, it really teaches you a lot about managing a project and gives you some informative information from professionals in the industry.

I hope everyone that started their project but didn’t release(there are a lot of us), finishes. All your games have so much potential!

p.s upcoming accelerators/incubators:
The izze sparkling blackberry drink in the HQ snack rooms will create an addiction

3 Likes

Get ready to add one more to that list very soon B)

2 Likes

eeeeeeee! Congrats everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

o HECK!

1 Like