2018 Developer Survey

I think this has been misinterpreted - this is a survey not promotional material. The information here could help to lead to roblox allowing promotion of discord if enough people say they use it.

Pretty much everyone in the technology industry and gamers have discord, they’re not discouraging it’s use, they just have concerns over privacy and safety of people who are led to discord through roblox sites - because they have some responsiblity for kids who click on links on roblox.

5 Likes

You are correct - while it would be great to know this information, we’re mostly focusing on finding out which developers are currently attending school for this specific survey. The context is for figuring out how much time developers typically have available while creating all of the amazing content being created on our platform. We will keep your suggestion in mind for future surveys.

6 Likes

I am very well aware that it is a survey, I can read. But, they shouldn’t be giving the option for us to fill in that we use Discord considering the fact that Roblox outright banned it on the platform.

I’m sure Roblox staff members are already well aware of the how many developers use Discord and how many developers have asked for Roblox to allow us to promote Discord servers again. I’m sure they also have concerns over the safety of children, but they also allow for the promotion of social networks such as Facebook and Twitter which are specifically are meant to only be used by only those who are thirteen or older.

I’m rather glad they have it, because it lets us specify to them that we do indeed rely on Discord consistently, and it also tells us that they are aware of its usefulness.

1 Like

That would be nice if they would allow Discord on the platform, but as far as I can see they aren’t ever going to do it and I doubt this survey has anything to do with Discord.

1 Like

Every year this gets a bit more annoying:

Screenshot%20(160)

10 Likes

No options for University?

College in New Zealand is the same as highschool.

1 Like

Great question to ask us! :slight_smile:

We asked this question to ourselves, but then figured the data wouldn’t be useful if everyone marked all of them. For this survey, we are specifically looking for the top 3 choices that you regularly do on Roblox.

3 Likes

And Instagram if I’m not wrong

But, they shouldn’t be giving the option for us to fill in that we use Discord considering the fact that Roblox outright banned it on the platform.

This is a survey targeted towards developers specifically, not for Roblox players in general. You can post ANY link here in the devforums, so developers in the devforums can link their snapchat/discord/instagram/what have you publicly. This really isn’t the time and place to complain about the Discord ban.

2 Likes

I can’t really tell what corresponds from American school systems to Swedish school systems at all. Hm.

1 Like

I should’ve clicked “Create UI elements for Roblox games” instead of “Compose original audio and/or sound effects”. I do both but I do UI creation a lot more often than I create music.

Oh well.

Hi all,

Thank you for the awesome feedback provided to the team! :slight_smile:

The survey will be closing down today at midnight Pacific time.

3 Likes