2018 Developer Survey

Hey Developers,

We’re releasing a new survey to learn more about our passionate developer community. Thank you for actively participating in the surveys we’ve posted in the past, we love to see your responses! :slight_smile:

If you’re interested in participating in the survey, please check out the link below.
2018 Developer Survey

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

26 Likes

I hope I see shadow mapping in this

EDIT: Nope.

2 Likes

No option for those who have graduated college, and are no longer pursuing higher education (graduate and PhD level)

10 Likes

“I am not in school” is literally right there

5 Likes

I don’t want to be tied in with those who dropped out or never went

12 Likes

That doesn’t necessarily mean that is for people who have dropped out or never went and I feel it is applicable to anyone that no longer attends school. Although I see what you are getting at.

2 Likes

School is for nerds anyway. :sunglasses:

But for real though, yeah wish there was a graduated but no longer attending.

5 Likes

They’re getting detailed by differentiating between current Graduate students and current PhD students, so I was just a bit disappointed. Survey can only be as good as the choices if they want to know the true education level of devs

3 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the last option. What you imply from the answers is up to you. No need for semantics.

TheAmazeman definitely brings up a good point. There’s a lot more meaning we can derive from the highest degree of education a developer has attained, and where they currently are. Wish I thought of that when looking over the survey originally

3 Likes

the “are you in school” question is weird though.
Not every developer is american,
I had to look up what school i am supposed to be in.

Maybe im just nagging, but that was a thing that i noticed.

11 Likes

I’d just apply it to your country’s system.

I did, but its just weird to me to have to look it up. They could’ve at least put the ages next to it, so its a bit easier to find out what school youre in

I will admit, I assumed the question being “highest degree of education” without reading the actual question.

1 Like

If the question was ‘What is the highest qualification you’re doing or have earned’ then it’s understandable however considering the question simply asks whether or not you are in school, I don’t think elaboration on qualifications is necessary.

Why can I only pick 3 here?

8 Likes

Other: all of the above

6 Likes

This. I fill all but 2 of those categories, including Other.

2 Likes

Am I just out of the loop or does Facebook Messenger really not fit in there?

4 Likes

I find it weird that Discord in there even though Roblox doesn’t want us to promote Discord on the website in the first place.

4 Likes