2022 Year-In-Review

Absolutely splendid! It is quite impressive to know that with these new features we had through this year, we have used it to create tons of amazing creations… Let’s give a round of applause to those that were featured on the topic! :open_hands::sparkles:

@TheCrypticRunner the architecture you made is very familiar… :flushed:

2 Likes

This year has been very good in terms of announcements of updates, especially I am waiting for the anti-cheat from Byfron in 2023

Very nice and innovation although it seems like a couple major things are missing :thinking::thinking: wonder what those could be

I guess this is why you can create when you don’t have to do 20 captchas to login to studio. I wish I was joking.

It’s based on Copacabana Beach in Rio De Janeiro; the whole game is based on real life locations in Brazil.

1 Like

Now that I think of it, 2023 IS in fact in 15 days. I remember last year so recently. Just shows to enjoy while you can.

2 Likes

Thanks for including our submission! So many cool games being showcased here cant wait to check them all out!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for having me!

2 Likes

I have done a lot on Roblox this year. I hope I’ll do more next year.

3 Likes

I mean, I did enjoy some of the updates such as the PBR materials, but It hasn’t been the greatest year in Roblox history.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

PS: I’m still waiting for R6 strafing.

3 Likes

great features this entire year! The 3D Importer has been a blessing, it just allows to use blender to its full potential without having to worry about exporting every single mesh file!

1 Like

Wow! What a nice surprise seeing my game (Maldives Resorts) featured here :smile: Looking forward to seeing what 2023 will bring!

Thank you so much for including me!

4 Likes

I wish I could add all the releases from this year but there were sooo many - I had to make cuts :sad:

1 Like

Thank YOU for the Maldives experience - especially during this frosty winter :cold_face:

2 Likes

I’ve genuinely seen better years, love to see how the issue plaguing small game developers (the <13 ads feature being removed entirely with 0 warning and 0 explanation) going unexplained for months and admins ignoring it at every turn.

Also have to give props to the fact that a critical studio bug which literally deletes ENTIRE chunks of data hasn’t been fixed in the past 12 months even though it was reported in 2021.

Then again though my face being able to move in a cool way and Roblox open-sourcing 250 line modules really balances it out in their eyes!

Looking forward to 2023, praying it can be a better year for developers. I’m relieved that covid is relieving itself in major parts of the world though, it’s a great upside :slight_smile:

9 Likes

In this year we got many new features and changes which increased how much we could do as developers. The only criticism I have for so many of these changes is that with every new feature release I also got new bugs in older games. It’s not fun to have bugs popping up in games you left in good condition expecting to not work on them again for a while.

AnimationWeightedBlendFix was a particularly problematic change for my game, but with it we also got more animation priorities which was good.

3 Likes

Yay! So excited to see some of my friends up there, it was a great year. Here’s to 2023!

2 Likes

I cant belive how far this whole community has come! It never cease to impress.

1 Like

Im happy to see how fast 2022 was… I thought Covid-19 would end in 2022…

1 Like

Happy new Year’s Eve everyone!

Sorry I am a little late or early, my timezone is GMT + 2 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes