2023 Year in Review: Extreme Wall Running, Rhythmic Ocean Waves, Demonic Heads, and More!

Looking at all of these got me motivated :face_with_peeking_eye:

22 Likes

This is great and all, but what about UGC moderation? What’s going on with that?

20 Likes

hear about a couple of interesting things early next year :ear:

Audio API

… perhaps in other languages !

Chat translation

18 Likes

I was extremely surprised to see myself here, Thank you for all the great opportunities, and also very sorry about my avatar not interacting with the camera. although at least it still shows a self-view of the feature! and 2024 is going to be amazing for Roblox just like this year! :tada:

19 Likes

What are you thinking of creating next? :thinking:

16 Likes

I don’t see any issue in releasing incomplete features (as long as they’re stable ofc).

Other software companies do the same: you release an incomplete feature → users give feedback → feature gets improved and extended

Especially when a feature costs a lot of engineering time, you want to do it right at once. Otherwise, that’ll be a very expensive mistake (you’ll never recover the lost time). Plus, you cannot completely expect how something will turn out and how creators will make use of it.

A valid point of criticism is though: Roblox often releases an incomplete feature, then leaves it be and works on new features, and never look back.

For example: clouds. It has quite some potential and was promised a mini-roadmap.

As for now, the work on this feature has been severely slowed down and never been looked back to. And you can the say the same about every feature you listed.

26 Likes

Something spooky yet beautiful :ghost::hibiscus:

17 Likes

Yeh I guess you’re right, tho in my opinion they shouldn’t of made such a fuss over such a simple update that should be in the release notes and not announced at RDC :skull:

20 Likes

Are all of the videos broken for anyone else?

15 Likes

Any ideas for future lighting changes? Such as dynamic clouds or built-in weather system.

15 Likes

Shapecasting and unreliable remote events are absolutely awesome and help me in a lot of situations, two of the best added things to Roblox this year, can’t wait to see what’s more to come :smile:

15 Likes

Some great things happened this year, can’t wait to contribute to the Roblox developer community and continuing to push Roblox’s limits next year and onwards!

10 Likes

Currently working on a project with @Johnny_D3pp and a few other people which will include a lot of these new features.

It’s crazy to think how roblox has been changing over these past few years.
The Future is bright(Photo above was taken without shaders, just future lighting in studio + ray particles)

19 Likes

This was a great year for Roblox with these features, can’t wait to see what you all have cooking for 2024. :heart_eyes::fire:

10 Likes

the project is very epic btw :grin:

8 Likes

now add customizable highlight sizes cowards /j

looking forward to next year and how roblox will screw up certain things further!

11 Likes

This year was great, but I really hope we get some more feedback and not just radio silence for feature requests! A simple “no we cant do this right now” or “yes we might look into this and will keep you updated” would be appreciated, it gave me so many constraints on my projects but still managed to achieve most of the goals I wanted.

23 Likes

Thanks for the recap roblox i slowly forgot over time and this year wasn’t perfect, it had its ups and downs.

9 Likes

Great features and achievements, expecting even more next year!

7 Likes

It’s 2024 for me, and looking back, this has been one of the best years of Roblox ever. Thank you!

7 Likes