2D Perlin Noise Visualizer

Hello developers

I’m excited to share my first ever community resource: a 2D perlin noise visualizer!
you can try it out here

What is it?

The 2D Perlin Noise Visualizer is a tool I've created to simplify the process of working with Perlin noise. Whether you're an experienced developer looking to fine-tune your noise patterns or a newcomer who want to learn about perlin noise.

Why did i make this?

I made this tool because I recently worked on terrain generation using Perlin noise and realized how challenging it can be to create and fine-tune noise patterns for the desired results. I wanted to simplify this process for myself and others.

Examples

Thank you for reading!

I would love to hear your feedback. If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions for improvements, please let me know.

32 Likes

I’ve always found a lot of trouble with perlin noise (well sorta, at least making good generation). So, this plugin would’ve been good for me if I was still interested in making terrain with it).

Pretty cool :laughing:

(Did you forget to include a plugin link or something like that?)

3 Likes

the link is at the bottom

try it out yourself here

i might have to move it so it’s more visible

edit: i moved it to the top

4 Likes

Oh yeah I saw that link, I just meant if there was a plugin link because it seemed like that was a test place and there was a plugin included

2 Likes

the tool is currently only the roblox game. i didn’t make it as a plugin, it’s something i might do later.

3 Likes

Hmm if you are not really giving source you should move this to the creations feedback im pretty sure

3 Likes

I think this still fits in Community Resources, even if it’s not a plugin you can easily just adjust the perlin noise in your projects based on the results from this experience.

Both free or open-source, as well as paid and closed-source resources may be posted about in this category. - Confucius

There is extremely minimal difference between doing it inside your studio and doing it in a game place, it serves the same purpose and provides the same results.

Anyway, this is a great resource to easily visualize perlin noise results. I’m working on a 2D (isometric-style) voxel game and this will be of great help.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Maybe support Worley noise it would be a great addition.

That’s a great idea although it might be hard to add. Right now i’m using the built in math.noise function which means if i want to add worley noise i would have to make my own algorithm in studio.

I got very dissapointed when I found out that this is a game, I wish this is a plugin so I could import it to studio

1 Like

I have been also in that issue, but thankfully i have found this library: Ranlib, the Ultimate Random Library (WORLEY NOISE)

i used it and it was good.
the library can do many things but i used the worley noise only.

Thank you for your feedback!
I have just added a feature that lets you import your creations in studio. In the tab where you can load your saved noise patterns you can now copy the script on the right and paste it into studio to get the exact same pattern.

3 Likes

This is an amazing resource! I am interested if you ever planning on turning this into a plugin?

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about making it a plugin. Other people have asked about it as well. I am currently working on other projects, but when I have some free time it is definitely something I will consider making.

2 Likes

If you need help with converting it feel free to let me know, one of the biggest things I do is plugins.

1 Like

That’s really generous of you. I have played around with plugins before so i think i’ll manage but i’ll keep it in mind :slight_smile:

Now make a 3D perlin noice visualizer :smiling_imp:

On a serious note, I have never worked with perlin noice, I do know what it is for and how it is able to be used for terrain generation for example, so this plugin looks usefull for people who wanna preview generations on an image, cool plugin!

2 Likes

Amazing resource! Using this for my map generation now.

1 Like