2FA via Authenticator - Now Fully Rolled Out!

Is this compatible with the LastPass authenticator? None of the current authenticators listed are helping me out so far.

2 Likes

It should be compatible with every authenticator.
If you are on iOS, just scan the QR-Code and it will be added to your system settings. Note: You have to be on iOS 15 or later to have this option.

3 Likes

Hello! I’ve thought of a suggestion for the feature, people can use tools to crack the keys sometimes, and because of that I feel this isn’t all that secure in some cases. However, if there could be a notification when somebody logs in through a different IP to the 2FA it could alert the user via their computer, email or just the website itself. This would be enough time to change your password and prevent a attacker possibly.

5 Likes

We need this, Discord already does it.

Also, just have a long password and you’re safe (and don’t tell anyone!!!)

2 Likes

That’s wrong! Cookie logging :cookie:

4 Likes

I’m aware of that, but it targets that specific situation

2 Likes

Now days with everything going virtual, hackers have found numerous ways to dodge passwords, and is also the reason why so many companies including Roblox are recommending 2FA.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if soon we were asked for 3FA.

1 Like

Yeah, but probably after 2-6 years.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s a way to use 7-8 digit codes for Roblox currently. I see this as a potential risk to lose your account. Twilio Authy supports using 6, 7, or 8 digit codes, so if someone was to change to 7 or 8 digits, it seems that you’d just be locked out if you tried to sign in.

3 Likes

It doesn’t. I just logged in using cookies. This is very disappointing as each account security update is announced, the main cause of account theft is left unsolved. Roblox keeps adding new security measures such as account pin etc, but all these updates do is prevent basic stuff once a user is in the account. It seems as though they are more focused on preventing a hacker changing things compared to the hacker being able to access the account in the first place.

4 Likes

Is this compatible with Xbox yet?

3 Likes

Sounds like it isn’t, based on this bug report

5 Likes

Google Authenticator is by far the most simplest authenticator. You literally download the app on your mobile device, load it up, press the big ‘+’ button in the corner of the screen and then scan the barcode roblox gives.

2 Likes

Using computer applications beats the point of enabling 2FA in the first place. If someone gains unauthorized access to your computer, you are still giving them access as everything is on the same device.

1 Like

I sadly can’t use other authenticator apps on my phone, since they never work.

2 Likes

Oh right, it might just be easier and better for you to just enable email verification.

1 Like

I know, but if something happens to my account, Roblox will do something if I have authentication enabled.

2 Likes

Great! Thanks for da best update :+1:t2:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.