30% cut not being calculated properly?

Whenever I try to put items on-sale and make them cost 1 robux it would make sense I’d make 1 robux from each purchase since roblox takes 30%. In-fact the estimated revenue in the creator dashboard shows I’d earn 1 robux however after putting the items on sale I received 0 robux from each sale. (It shows the user paid 1 bobux and I received 0 even tho the website said I’ll earn 1???) Wth?

1 Like

It rounds down, not up. (1 - 30% = 0)
Not sure about it saying that you would earn 1 robux but from what I’ve seen it always says 0?
Probably just one of the many issues caused by the new creator pages, I guess.

2 Likes

But how can you round it down when it’s an obvious 70%, 30% split. That’s literally impossible. It would only make sense if the gamepass was sold by a third party which would take 40% but that wasn’t the case.

Like I said, 1 - 0.3 (30% of 1) = 0.7 rounding down it goes to 0.
It’s not impossible.

Dude you can’t round down 0.7 what ru talking abt :skull_and_crossbones: 1 is the closest

The way the creator dashboard and purchases calculate the robux is different.
On the dashboard, they add 0.5 to the result number, so 0.7 / (1+0.5) = 1.
However, when the item is purchased, it instead just does 0.7/1 and then removes the decimal, giving you 0.

As for why, I don’t know.

0.7 / (1+0.5) = 0.5 tho and 0.7/1 will equal 0.7 so in both cases it should be 1 bobux especially when selling stuff :upside_down_face: Such calculations wouldn’t work no matter what amount you’d put in

1 Like

He said it always rounds DOWN bruh, that means even if it was 0.99, it rounds to biggest integer smaller than the original number :skull:

3 Likes
1 Like

But on the website it’s clearly shown it doesn’t round down. Either way it’s still not correct to round down in that case

1 Like

As @Chark_Proto said, on the website it always adds 0.5, which means 0.7 + 0.5 = 1.2 rounded down to 1. But when someone actually buys your product, this 0.5 is not added to the count

Edit: I tagged wrong person

4 Likes
  1. Rounding down is a thing…
  2. Roblox is not giving you Robux for free. If they didn’t take any cut from 1 robux sales, people could bypass this, buy the product 100k times, and have transferred 100k robux tax free.
    And Robux working in decimals is just unneccessairly complicating things, it’s easier rounding it, and 1 Robux is not worth the bother.
1 Like

If that is the case, I would love to hear your answer to the problem. It is after all the purpose of this place.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.