30 FPS cap option

My iPhone 5S gets unbearably hot while playing Roblox games. The battery also drains extremely fast, which usually results in me playing while charging my phone(which heats my phone even MORE). Combine that with a hot summer, and you’ll have a white hot scorching piece of metal in your hands.

So I suggest that the ROBLOX app is capped at 30 FPS in games. This would reduce the excessive heat AND increase the battery life of the phone. The Roblox app simply does not have the ability to gorge on resources.

4 Likes

This may cause issues with RenderStepped firing at 30 times per second instead of the expected 60.
Does it actually run at close to 50, or even 60?

1 Like

[quote] This may cause issues with RenderStepped firing at 30 times per second instead of the expected 60.
Does it actually run at close to 50, or even 60? [/quote]

Depends on the game, the computer, graphics settings, monitor size etc. On my old laptop I’ve had games running at 20 FPS :stuck_out_tongue:

There aren’t many cases where you need to know the FPS. Use tick() if you need precise timing

Press shift+F5 to view the render FPS in game.

This is more of a mobile topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is more of a mobile topic. :P[/quote]

I was responding to the “May cause issues” part :slight_smile:
I’d like to add this to the dev console though

I my game I get around 30-45 fps and I can also confirm that even my iPad gets to hold-it-with-mittens point. I heavily refrain from playing ROBLOX on mobile, you’ll only get about 30 mins playtime before your battery is drained or less before it becomes uncomfortably hot.

[quote] This may cause issues with RenderStepped firing at 30 times per second instead of the expected 60.
Does it actually run at close to 50, or even 60? [/quote]

RenderStepped should not be expected to run at 60 Hz. Expecting it to run at 60 Hz is poor coding because it is variable. Instead, you should use tick to find the difference in time between frames and use that. Any game that relies on RenderStepped being at 60 Hz can be broken by someone with a bad computer anyways.