Strange "exploiting" bans

Does the ban message include “CAUTION If you violate the Community Standards again, your account may be…”

No, not at all. It just states the reason and the place.

Pretty sure it isn’t a hyperion ban then. UTG and that kind of scripts may also count as exploits, people already reported false bans for that before.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure he doesn’t get terminated for no reason

is it an ExploitDetected - PlaceId? ban perchance

Hello chivalrous,

Thank you for reaching out. We do not hand out bans lightly. There are quite a few factors involved before we consider an offense banworthy. One of the factors is multiple detections. In other words, before someone even gets their first ban, they have to be detected multiple times. We do not consider a single detection sufficient evidence of cheating.

As for seven-day bans and even account deletions, we repeatedly see folks simply forgetting how often they got banned in the past, mostly because a one-day ban was generally considered a joke by the exploiter community. This has led to the interesting phenomenon where people claim they never cheated. However, reminding them that the records show they got banned a few months ago typically jogs their memory.

Another reason might be the somewhat confusing ban accumulation. We have received numerous concerns about the ban sequence being skipped. For example, some users claim they received two 1-day bans and now they are receiving a 7-day ban. This is due to the fact that the previous look-back window was 30 days compared to the one year we have now. If an exploiter was banned twice in two months, then all the user sees is two 1-day bans. However, with the new window in place, the system sees two bans in a timeframe of one year, and therefore the next ban is a 7-day ban.

I hope my explanation sheds some light on the situation and maybe some folks might even come to the conclusion that cheating is just not worth it.

5 Likes

But what’s strange is most of his bans are from using serverside scripts in his own private game. None of them modified the client or anything. His bans were unjust and NEVER dealt with.

Do you have a screenshot of the ban message and userid of the person?

Can’t help the ban but I can try to see what caused it.

It was caused by a module we’ve used called “retro hub” which is a serverside script. It includes an executor to run SERVERSIDE SCRIPTS ONLY and a bunch of other ss scripts in the hub. Apparently that’s “exploiting” yet we do it in private and can’t possible harm other people’s experiences.

We understand that it seems unjust at first glance. However, ownership of an experience does not give one the right to violate the TOS. Detections don’t trigger on processes that are not protected by Hyperion, so the argument that the client process was not modified at runtime is very difficult to support. Having said all that, once we ban a user, it is out of our hands, and the only way to have any hope of adjustment is to appeal the ban.

1 Like

Lol so you’re saying its his fault for getting banned for zero reason at all. Do you even know what serverside scripts are?

I am saying there is plenty of reason. Just because exploiters don’t feel it is fair, or a user unknowingly cheated, doesn’t mean they don’t have to deal with the consequences. So far, every single one of the claims we have received has turned out to be incorrect. If you feel that you or your friends are treated unfairly and you have proof that the ban was unjustified, once again, appeal the ban. Arguing on the forum is not going to change anything.

1 Like

I’m not trying to argue. I’m simply asking you if you are aware what serverside scripts are on Roblox.

Serverside scripts are modules uploaded to roblox and ran as a require. [ require(assetid).loadname(“username”) ].

These things are harmless to players and can in no way, shape, or form destroy roblox. Obviously people use it for malicious things like serverside executors. But these were used in private games where no one else has access to. I’m trying to understand how using the :s command on Adonis admin could trigger hyperion when it doesn’t do anything that an actual executor could do. It was also with ONE specific serverside script that we had.

The asset that was used in the game was:

RobloxGT25’s Hub Script/ Retro GUI

(I’m unable to get the link at this current time due to my buddy being offline. When he’s on, I’ll provide the link.)

This asset was apparently “in his game” and apparently condoned cheating and exploiting, yet we never showed any of the things we were doing to anyone else.

In conclusion, the asset was never implemented into the game but used with the :s command on “Adonis Admin” which you may know as an admin module for roblox games. Using that command shouldn’t set off Hyperion at all, but for some reason it does and it gives a full ban.

Found the alleged discord of the UserId you sent me through their bio.

You should probably provide more information (like the user) in the post next time, but if you have any other argument feel free to tell me, it could be a wrong account or something (it was proven active since atleast yesterday, so) and I totally understand.

Edit: Although he was found in multiple exploiting servers, this is allegedly to get updates on them ig, and allegedly the e-mail provided an asset. Being in exploiting servers is not enough to prove someone guilty, (i used to be in them to check mutuals and see if others were in exploiting servers) I just pointed it out because it’s suspicious when getting this type of ban.

2 Likes

I know anyone else working at roblox probably won’t read or acknowledge this post I’m about to make but:

Thanks for actually replying to stuff like moderation, even if it’s in a negative light. Most of the time, people who work at roblox and are on the forum typically hide when there are such topics like this.

If you could, please inform other roblox employees to do the same. It’s really helpful.

2 Likes

I’ve heard and seen that roblox’s system apparently “forgives” bans after some time? Is that true?

Like maybe after a few months, if you are clean and haven’t had moderation for a while roblox will restart you from a warning/1 day ban if your last one was a 3 day ban? And it continues every few months until your slate is wiped clean?

And is there some sort of radar system where if you are moderated in some way the system will follow you for quite a few weeks/months before letting you off its radar?

It’s been like this for a while, I think the timeframe is a year now, as he stated somewhere in a previous post. Not sure if this applies to just exploiting bans or all bans.

The time frame is now a year, though the past bans my friend got were false.

These statements seem contradictory to me or I am just miscomprehending you, do you mind elaborating? Because I thought your team does not receive the “I didn’t exploit claims” but rather the Appeals team.