Strange "exploiting" bans

It’s been like this for a while, I think the timeframe is a year now, as he stated somewhere in a previous post. Not sure if this applies to just exploiting bans or all bans.

The time frame is now a year, though the past bans my friend got were false.

These statements seem contradictory to me or I am just miscomprehending you, do you mind elaborating? Because I thought your team does not receive the “I didn’t exploit claims” but rather the Appeals team.

They don’t have a real appeals team, it’s all just bots. His team does SEE the claims but they don’t give support on them at all.

Our team does not receive or deal with appeals. However, we are responsible for ensuring that the bans we issue are not false positives, so we must have proof before we ban. Due to some very vocal individuals, we have been asked to review some of the records again. For context, while I understand that account termination is an extremely unpleasant experience, the fact is that only about ~0.5% of all banned accounts have been terminated, making the number of investigations manageable.

1 Like

Is it possible for me to message you regarding my situation, if possible?

1 Like

> speaking to roblox employee
“yeah bro do you even know what server scripts are”

Well he never spoke up and defended himself on it so lol

Plus he ignored everything that I was saying, Bitdancer never knows how to handle situations like this.

Bitdancer handles these situations quite well, in my opinion, considering the demeanor emanating from your and others’ responses.

As Bitdancer stated in a previous post, you don’t get punished for a single detection since they don’t see that as sufficient evidence.

And regarding your argument about ignoring your rude remarks and comments, why don’t you send the moderator note attached to your friend’s ban? You seem to ignore this request frequently, which gives me the impression that your friend was correctly punished due to the lack of proof of where your friend was detected cheating.

Based on what you’ve provided and what others have found, your friend was banned not for the “require executor” you were using but for other offenses.

I assume most people would appreciate it if you were more kind about this situation and elaborated when asked rather than talking down to people and ignoring requests for crucial evidence to prove your friend was wrongfully banned.

Now I understand if you wish not to share this as it can be viewed as “confidential” or “private” but that does not change the perceived legitimacy of your friend being wrongfully punished, and you could also have stated you didn’t wish to rather than ignoring the requests entirely.

Thanks for reading, hope to see you improve.

So what you clearly can’t understand is my friend was banned for 1 day over and over before for “exploiting.” The asset they banned him for was like “Retro’s GUI” or something.

He did in fact get banned for a require executor and he made a ticket, roblox support later said they couldn’t provide any information.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems the ban was not related to Hyperion but rather a correct moderation as it is known that “Ultimate Trolling GUIs” and stuff of the like (which is what I assume “Retro’s GUI” is) aren’t permitted to be uploaded as assets or used in games.

I do not know why they aren’t permitted since I don’t dabble in that sort of stuff, but people have had their accounts terminated/punished for this in the past.

Well Bitdancer HAS confirmed that those bans were definitely false. But then told me to inform my friend to make a ticket which he already has plenty of times and Roblox support does absolutely nothing to help him out. I feel Roblox would actually value him since he’s apparently 10% of the good reporters on Roblox

The asset wasn’t even anywhere close to UTG and it was only able to be ran through Adonis’ :s command.

That asset was never implemented into any game nor distributed on the creator hub.

Based on my rudimentary knowledge of how these GUIs work, I would assume your friend ran require in the edge case of using an ID instead of a module path.

To run this module via this method, the module is first imported into the game and then required, meaning it technically was implemented into your game.

I’m not sure how it was picked up that it was inserted, but that ban was still correct.

So the way it was ran was we had “Adonis Admin” in his game. I’ve seen some games use this admin module and it’s great.

We would then do :s require(assetID).loadname(“username”). This does not physically implement itself into the game as well as save and upload it into the game. This is a temp module than could be removed from a player by either rejoining or just shutting down the server.

All of this was done in private though, like only creators had access to the game. So I have no clue how that could’ve flagged ANYTHING since it wasn’t physically implemented into the game and it was private.

Yes, require does insert the module into the game when you run it with an AssetId, but you are correct about it not saving and uploading the game with the module.

This documentation has a section elaborating further on this behavior.

I however do agree with you that it is rather puzzling how it was picked up that this module was inserted and ran in your place, which was private. I can only assume someone reported the game after this or the module was somehow being “monitored”.

These are just assumptions though, and I’m not certain how It was picked up. I would generally just not recommend using those types of modules anymore to avoid this happening again.

I have seen ban notes of this nature before and the situation was most commonly because of a virus or a module being loaded which isn’t permitted on Roblox.

What’s weird is Roblox stated that it was physically in his game and saved into his game.

They then said that they “removed” it when it was NEVER saved there in the first place.

I personally think Roblox just has a secret hatred for him, he was banned due to voice chat violations when some of the things he said weren’t even bad. Roblox also did ban another friend of mine for “swearing” when he had his mic muted and was swearing.

I tried to make a forum on the matter with my other friend and his voice chat but they claimed that I was “misusing” the forums even though I was trying to get educational support on it.

Yes that does seem quite odd, but it could of course just be a generated slop note which wasn’t altered to your specific edge case. I can only assume they meant they found this in your place somehow during the session where you used the module and then punished your friend for it.

As for your other statements, voice AI detection on Roblox hasn’t been the best for quite a while and I believe that has been known, so I don’t think Roblox has anything out for your friend. Even I commonly have those same issues when using voice chat, which is why I generally don’t use it anymore except when communicating with friends.

1 Like

Oh no they fully meant that it was completely inserted into the game as an actual model lol.

What I meant was that I’ve seen that same note countless times, at this point I believe it’s just automatically generated whenever someone gets punished for something of this nature.

I hope our chat has been helpful to your understanding of why your friend was punished, but I’d rather not continue bumping this topic to the top of latest.

Thanks for chatting! : )