3D Layered Clothing is Now Available!

Will Custom rigs, And Or Clothes be supported?
Or will I have to set up or use the ROBLOX default ones?
Will there be a way to add custom layers and Decide which layer is which?
Exp Custom socks, necklaces, gloves, tails, ears, or Face accessories

14 Likes

One thing when the clothes come out will it be free or will it cost?

3 Likes

Will this support regular R15 avatars, or will games that want to use this feature be forced to switch to the weird new ones?

3 Likes

You can most definitely use the new ones, when I tried it in the .rblx file and didn’t switch to the avatar editor and tried the clothes, it works fine, tho it had a ton of clipping

2 Likes

I’m sure once the new clothes come into the catalog/avatar shop, they will be treated as any other accessory costing some robux. However, I am sure there will be some clothing items that would be free, such as promotional event clothing, and some free clothing items.

I think the clothing will be treated similarly to how they’ve done accessories.

4 Likes

this is hella cursed, whats happening to roblox

5 Likes

Sounds great, soon people will be able to animate 3D clothing as if it’s blowing in the wind!

2 Likes

That can already be done with mesh deformation.

Did you not look at the post at all? Yes it is true that roblox is pushing rthro and humanoid characters a lot however most of the community hates it. The only reason why people like this update is because it can be placed on blocky characters. If you look at the picture you can clearly see a blocky avatar being showcased aswell with this update. Rthro/humanoid will most likely not take over and I just see it as an extension rather than taking over. You can still leave if you want that’s your decision.

i still like the r6 packages but like the direction roblox is taking to future proof the game. People complaining about improvement is just useless. As long as they do not remove R6 and the 1.0 and 2.0 avatars i see no reason to complain about improvement

5 Likes

Wow! I am very excited about layered clothing! It will add a lot more realism to Roblox games!

3 Likes

They will. I just enabled it in my game. It is a property is StarterPlayer.

Here are some pictures of the property:

6 Likes

Did you enable load character layered clothing in starter player like Crossvallia did?

4 Likes

i mean think of it what you will, the meshed clothing does work on r15 stuff so honestly im happy about that at the very least

3 Likes

Let’s be honest, I’d go for it - but let’s not forget I don’t have a proper skeleton and it’d take a while to make those.

WireMesh is not my biggest priority at the moment, but I saw people try to work with my rig.

5 Likes

This looks cool! I see lots of new things coming out of this!

But I have one big question, will it impact perfomance issue in a noticable way because this feature can be used by lots of developpers which can stop some with lower devices (especially mobile). I really wish this won’t affect perfomance.

2 Likes

Yes.
It works fine in studio, My screenshots where in the game client.

2 Likes

Layered clothing tech depends on the underlying foundational technology of skinned meshparts. Since skinned meshparts isn’t currently supported on R6, Layered clothing also will not be supported on R6 at this time.

6 Likes

The WrapTarget is not specific to Layered Clothing. As a developer, you can create a WrapTarget on any MeshPart and have other MeshParts that have a WrapLayer that you would want to wrap around the “target” meshpart. Note that the constraint is that the WrapTarget and WrapLayer should use cage mesh with the same topology and UVs

6 Likes

I am delighted to hear this incredible news! :wink:

4 Likes