3D Layered Clothing not importing with a 'Wraplayer' Instance

Hi! Because of the recent release of the 3D Layered clothing beta feature, I felt it was mandatory to play around with it, but after constant trial and error (and not coming to a successful conclusion), I’ve decided to come here for assistance.

Upon importing the 3D layered clothing from Blender, everything seems fine until I come to this part of the walkthrough.

I thought could just add my own WrapLayer instance and have it parented to the handle, but apparently that isn’t the case, as it obviously didn’t work. I do believe this could be a general misunderstanding of words within the walkthrough ( possibly the parenting sector), despite reading the requirements for the clothing thoroughly and following how to import it at a steady pace without rushing. When adding my own WrapLayer instance, this is what happens to my clothing. (Clips inside the torso) image

I’ve made 3 different pieces of clothing thinking it was just the way I approached the creation of it and making unnoticed mistakes within the process, but at this point It’s uncertain I’ve made the exact mistake within the modelling process more than 3 times. Being resilient to figure out the issue on my own, I downloaded the reference files alongside the studio world provided and analysed them, getting nothing out of it. I was also unable to find a forum post similar to mine or a video walkthrough to assist me through the creation process.
–It also came to my attention within the analysis of the reference files is that, when imported from blender, they do appear to get imported with a WrapLayer instance, unlike mine.

Still unsure if this is a modelling, Importing or parenting (within blender) issue…
Thanks in advance! - Remnants

5 Likes