3D Main Menu Feedback

I have been working on a game called Expiration. It is a zombie survival game that I’d like to take in a completely different direction than most on the platform. Plans are secret for now but I have high hopes that it’ll be fun for most.

I love the UI featured in The Division 2 mainly for its simple, cyber, 3D design and I am trying to replicate that as best as I can throughout the development of the game. I am new to Roblox scripting, building, and definitely user interface design and would like some feedback.

RobloxScreenShot20221006_231607743

https://www.roblox.com/games/11184058774/Expiration-Survival

Current notes that I have taken personally:

• Wall located on the right needs to be “dirtier”
  • Gentle camera shake
  • Depending on the button pressed, camera will pan to a certain spot in the room with the character getting up and doing something resembling the menu (i.e. when customization is pressed, the player gets up and heads to a part of the room where there are suit cases filled with clothes)
  • Add music to make the menu more enjoyable to AFK in rather than just a zombie banging on the back

Buttons and what they mean:

• Server Selector: Select a server from a menu. Contains amount of players, game state (has started, time, etc), picture of map, and map/server name
  • Market: Buy skins for weapons, attachments, and maybe player accessories
  • Customize: Apply skins, attachments, and player accessories
  • Statistics: View your total game statistics including total kills, deaths, losses, wins, and time played
  • Utilities: Viewing player reports including status (action has or hasn’t been taken), resetting player data, and eventually a way to submit custom guns, skins, and accessories.
21 Likes

I can’t join the game right now, so it would be nice if you could include some images :grinning:

1 Like

Sorry about that, it should be all good now :slight_smile:

this looks rlly good, what happens if you open each frame tho, what will it looK like

1 Like

I appreciate your feedback! I will take a look at the borders. I didn’t know if I wanted to keep them or not, the change was so minimal because of the darkness I didn’t think it would of made that much of a difference.

As for what the menus will look like, it’ll be very similar to the picture I had provided in terms of design. Hard edges, dark transparent boxes, decent sized padding, and white text. I will post a mockup when I am able to sometime today. Here is the main inspiration. I am still debating if I want to include a color much like the orange in the bottom picture.

Example2

I personally think it looks incredible, great style!

In terms of feedback, however, the way the ‘statistics’ button is overlapping with (what I assume is a map) in the background makes it look a bit crowded, so maybe decreasing the opacity would help with that. Otherwise, good, I like the subtle detail of the light from the text reflecting on the ceiling.

1 Like

dont improve, this is perfect, you cant make this even better, this looks perfect, however I would add a color GUI system, that way people can change some colors, cause orange and black mix good, but other think diff otherwise

1 Like

Thank you!

If you are talking about the stuff on the ground, its just scattered paper trash. Even if it isn’t a map I still understand the crowded feeling and I will take a look at what I can do to keep all the buttons uniform with the background.

1 Like

Looks really neat. I don’t have much else to say for feedback that you haven’t noted already.

The biggest bother for me is how the statistics button sticks out so much compared to the rest. I’m sure it’s due to the bright light behind it. I would say to just make the buttons solid instead of slightly transparent. then also move the cans of beans to the side more so they are still visible

1 Like

Bravo! I love zombie games like Dying Light so it would be cool to see how yours turns out. I had some free time so I tried replicating what you made, here is the link: MOC version of Expiration:Survival - Roblox

omg i just tested the game its actually amazing, I LOVE the ui I LOVE the style of the title, in fact I love everything, I just want to know… did u update it locally or something else cuz the game seems unfinished but it look so promising !!!

I really want to hear about the dev of this game, even if u stopped it could be amazing to re-work on this project !