3D Model not Smart UV Mapping (Blender)

I have been working on modeling UGC hat concepts recently, and have been able to Smart UV map past creations easily, however, this model isn’t mapping.

I press U → Smart UV Map, as usual, but nothing shows up in my UV Editor.

I’ve tried messing with UV settings and such, and I’ve searched the forum for any solutions but cannot find anything. If you have any ideas that may help, I’d appreciate it.

1 Like

Make sure you’re in Edit Mode in the 3D viewport with your entire mesh selected before trying to UV map. Not sure if this may be the issue, but hopefully it helps! (Also, 2.8 > 2.79)

2 Likes

That doesn’t seem to be what the problem is.

Odd. I’m pretty sure this isn’t the problem but it seems you have a subdivision surface modifier added to your mesh, this can possibly cause unwanted results and may be the problem. Possibly try applying the modifier, then remapping the hat.

2 Likes

Nope, thanks for the suggestion but that didn’t fix it. The subdivision surface modifier was already applied.

You seem to be viewing the render result in the UV/image editor on the right. Try switching it from the render result to something else as the UV map won’t show on it.

2 Likes

How do I change it from Render Result to Smart UV Map? (sorry if this is a dumb question)

Simply press the X to the right of ‘Render Result’, or you could switch it to the image texture you’re using, if you have it imported.

1 Like

Thank you for your help! :laughing:

1 Like

No problem! Good luck with your modeling!

1 Like