3D render texture bug

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
    When previewing a textureless mesh on the website using the 3D view, the 3D view shows a really odd line pattern on the mesh:

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.
    Always. To reproduce this bug, go to the following link and enable the 3D view if it isn’t turned on already: HanggliderCloth - Roblox
    You should be able to see the weird texture pattern in the 3D view. This bug happens on other meshes I’ve created as well.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
    www.roblox.com

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
    See screenshot above. There’s also some more screenshots below in the additional information.

• For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.
    Pretty sure this counts as a graphics bug, so here’s some info:
    Web browser: Google Chrome
    Graphics card: NVidia GeForce GTX 760
    Platform: PC

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
    This has been around for a while. I’m not sure how long this bug has been there, but it has been like this for at least a few weeks. It might have even been there since forever.

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.
    The mesh icon in my inventory browser does show the mesh its appearance correctly and the 2D view does it correctly as well. Also, here’s the same mesh in studio (no default BrickColor):
    As you can see in the picture above, I did edit the vertex colors in Blender. Not sure if it’s related, but I’ll throw it in here just in case.
    Here’s a wireframe view of the mesh in Blender just in case:

2 Likes

Isn’t the 3d viewer the roblox+ plugin though? (Unless roblox actually implemented that and I just live under a rock.)

I don’t have Roblox+ installed. This feature has been around for a while, so I guess you’ve indeed been living under a rock for sometime. :wink:

2 Likes