3D sound sounds odd, does not replicate on ROBLOX player app

Whenever I try to play a 3D sound (sound parented to a part/attachment) it behaves very sensitive and odd, even going as far as not playing when the player is facing the source of the sound directly or facing away from it.

Only happens in Studio.
This started happening ~February 2022
Has happened with every single one of my projects dating back to February 2022

Reproduction

• Make a part or attachment.
  • Add a sound parented to the part/attachment.
  • Run the game and play the sound (Make sure character or atleast the character’s camera is close enough to the source to be able to hear the sound.)

OR
SoundPart.rbxm (3.4 KB)

• insert this file into a place.
  • Run the game (Make sure character or atleast the character’s camera is close enough to the source to be able to hear the sound.)

Happens 99% of the times with me except one time I was able to get the sound to work properly by following the above.
I had reports of users that said this did not happen to them.

Furthermore, I recorded a video to show my issue, it was recorded in a default Baseplate with the only changes to the place being the adition of the SoundPart.rbxm file shared above:

Playing a 3d sound directly located in the HumanoidRootPart of the player character is not hearable due to this issue.

Unlikely but it also could be an issue with compatibility. Just in case, are there any compatibility issues between Roblox Studio and sound devices that use SteelSeries’s drivers?

5 Likes

When playing a 3D sound that’s attached to a part or attachment, it behaves strangely. Sometimes, it’s too sensitive and doesn’t play when the player faces the sound directly or when facing away from it.

Mhm, that’s the issue that has been happening for some time now… Have you also been experiencing this so I can confirm I’m not crazy? :happy2:

I haven’t had that happen to me, but I get how frustrating it must be Sometimes these things can be tricky to figure out :happy1:

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue and will start investigating, we will update you when we have further information.

Thanks for flagging!