3DS Seems compatible to play Roblox

I believe the screen size is big enough - heck, it can even be played on an iPhone - and that’s tiny.

Circle Pad: Control
Touch Screen + Stylus - Pan Camera
“Select” Button - Chat
“Start” Button - Leave game
“A” Button - Use gear
“B” Button - Jump
“R/L” Buttons - Switch Gear
“X/Y” Buttons with Circle Pad - Pan Camera alternative.

Pressing the home button would have to disconnect you from the game.

4 Likes

I know nothing about the 3DS, but for Roblox to be played some kind of app store needs to be available for the 3DS. Also, if so I’m assuming ROBLOX would need to get in contact with Nintendo - and all that sh-bang.

1 Like

After owning a 3ds I know this will never happen…

The hardware on a 3ds is terrible. It took me at least 30 secs just to load the Roblox page on it’s internet browser! I doubt it’ll be able to play a Roblox game.

I don’t think it’s likely that they will actually do it, either, but the iPhone isn’t much better.

Roblox did a fairly good job creating a custom browser for their mobile apps - I know the 3DS browser is crap. (but so is safari huehueuhuehue)

The iPhone isn’t much better? WHAT!? Are you out of your mind??
The 3ds has 128 MB of ram vs the iPhone 5 with 1gb!
Can’t compare the processor in the 3ds because it doesn’t say the speed it’s running at, but I can tell you the iPhone’s processor is a beast compared to the 3ds’s!

3DS is on arm9 iirc, if that helps anything

I wouldn’t imagine the 3DS being very reliable with Roblox to be honest. It’s primary purpose is to support those kind of plug-in like games, and I don’t see how they would be able to port it over without a major hassle. Plus, I doubt Nintendo would ever agree with the idea.

Please god no. We don’t need another platform holding our updates hostage.

Sorry, I wasn’t talking about memory wise. I agree with your post. The controls, though, would be much better on a 3DS.

Looking at the specs, current Roblox would not run on a 3DS. The memory alone would be an issue (128mb), nevermind the CPU (<1GHz) and GPU (~200MHz). I’m not saying we couldn’t make it run, but it would take a serious engineering effort.

Officially, I can tell you there are no current plans to bring Roblox to any Nintendo platforms.

Might be cool if you could stream it to your 3DS (have your computer on and able to control your character from it idk)

1 Like

Sorry, but I like to see ROBLOX on other consoles. (Think about a Xbox, Playstation) or even a other OS (Linux), instead of playing on a handheld that never will be able to play high quality games.

How dare you imply mario kart 7 and luigi mansion 2 are not high quality games. They are really good games I’ve got a 3ds xl and both are fun. Although It sucks luigi mansion 2 didn’t come out for wii u. Games made for it need to be designed ground up for it.

Agree other things should come first, ps3 and xbox 360 would be a good starting place (best to start with them as many have not bothered to upgrade to ps4 or xbox one).

Amazon fire tv has good specs just putting that out there…

Side question what about PSP?

@anon80475429.
I should have make me more clear. I mean High Quality ROBLOX games. Even my iPhone has big problems with some games. Imagine how that would be with a DS…

I would like to have it on Wii U if it ever comes out on any Nintendo platforms. It have 2 GB RAM where one is for games and the other is for OS.

I still think we need linux support, the only reason I have no switched my computer too linux is because Roblox is not suppported.

Someone asked that at RDC west and they said they don’t plan on supporting Linux because only < 1% of internet users use Linux. That makes sense though – it’d be a waste of time to port it to Linux just for a couple of people.

Someone asked that at RDC west and they said they don’t plan on supporting Linux because only < 1% of internet users use Linux. That makes sense though – it’d be a waste of time to port it to Linux just for a couple of people.[/quote]
Yeah, I remember that.

Hurry up windows, just fade away!! The world needs more linux!

[quote] Hurry up windows, just fade away!! The world needs more linux! [/quote]Why? Linux is great yes but I really don’t see why people continue to argue it’s better than Windows. You’re an experienced PC users, Windows is designed for the average consumer.

1 Like