40% seller's cut is missing from limited ugc sold through my experience

After downloading the reporting, I’ve noticed that for my limited ugcs that I uploaded that are sold through the game, the revenue that I received is exactly the same as if they were sold through the website. I received 75 robux for the limited that cost 185 robux to purchase, about 40%, which should comprise of the 30% creator cut plus the getting back part of the upload fee. What happened to the 40% seller’s cut?

As a comparison, check out the reporting for sales of regular ugc, it accurately shows that I receive the 70% of the proceeds (30% creator’s cut +40% seller’s cut =70%) if it was sold through my game, and only the 30% creator’s cut if it was sold through the website.

As a reference, in this announcement for Ugc limited, https://devforum.roblox.com/t/announcing-limiteds-for-the-ugc-program-marketplace it has been said that:

As a reminder, the share of earnings for the original sale of Limiteds is the same as other transactions on the platform. Specifically, when creating or selling anything on Roblox, creators will receive a percentage of every transaction they are a part of as follows:

The creator of the item gets 30%.
The seller or distributor of the item gets 40%.
The platform gets 30%. Out of this, the creator will also receive a portion of their upfront payment back.

Expected behavior

The seller should be paid 40% for sales of a limited ugc

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/groups/configure?id=9109016#!/revenue/sales

4 Likes

Is it your Limited UGC item that you are selling in the experience?

3 Likes

It is my group’s limited UGC item, sold in my group game.
Since the reporting shows that another of my regular group UGC item is getting 70% when sold through my group game, I was expecting to see my limited group UGC item treated the same.

Is there a chance that the user purchasing the limited is a member of your group? I remember there was a rapid change that was reverted a few months ago in-where group members could not contribute comissions to group experiences. It is possible that this simply was not reverted for limited items in error.

I don’t think this is the case because I’ve already sold 100+ of these items, and from the sales report, all of them show the exact same revenue (30% cut + return of upload fee).
There could be a coincidence in which all purchasers are group members, but it is very unlikely, as I don’t even do anything to incentivize players to join my group in my game.

2 Likes

By the way, has this been resolved?

nope, still waiting to hear back

Thanks for the report! Just to confirm, we are working on this issue.

Hi @misternicekai, the sales report for Limited items only includes the 30% sales proceed where as for non-Limited the 30% sales and 40% commission are combined on the same line. We’ve checked the database and the 40% has been paid to the group.

Hello, thanks for checking.
Moving forward, is it possible to include the 40% commissions for limiteds in the report too?
As developers I think I speak for everyone (if not most) that we need one source of truth for all our income.

1 Like