[$400] Looking for an experienced map builder to create stylized arena shooter maps

About Us

Hi! We’re the Hypervolt team, currently working on an arena shooter by the name of HYPERVOLT.

About The Job

We’re looking for an experienced map builder who could create unique game maps that work well with our movement physics, style of gameplay and fit in with the art style
A full server will have 12 people in it, so the maps will also have to be sort of large.

Art style examples

Hypervolt is made with a hand-painted texturing style in mind, here are some examples of the game assets we have right now

Making the maps fit as close as they can to the art style would be great, if any questions about that come up please ask!

You have to be able to create a mock-up of the map first, something like a sketch that would show off the layout and item pickup placements
After that’s approved we will need a map blockout so we can test it in-game
And after the blockout is approved the final version of the map can be made
You will be given the movement physics scripts as well as the rocket launcher, jump pads and everything else that could be used for making maps.

There is no set deadline but around a week or two per map would be optimal.

Payment

You will be paid 400 USD through PayPal per finished map. If any large map balancing changes have to be done after its complete you will be paid for that as well.

Contact Us

Please PM me on the dev forums with your portfolio and overall experience.

Thanks for reading!

16 Likes

Will the builder be required to make their own textures for the purpose of building the maps? Do you have any existing textures that could be use to aid with the building process - as this requirement is quite a big turnoff for me applying.

I can create any textures if needed

I’ll leave my portfolio down here if that’s the case, my work might not be exactly what you’re looking for but hopefully it gives you a general consensus of my abilities.

If you want to ask me anything, send me either a PM on DevForum or add me on Discord - Squidzyee#8896

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p9mBySrpec47RG_XHp7LyL7ghlfvMYNE
I also DMed you on discord but I saw “PM me on the dev-forum” so my bad.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.