401 Unauthorized errors using MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo() on new servers

We recently started getting reports of broken servers and upon investigating our logs are filled with infinitely hanging 401 errors due to MarketplaceService. This prevents our game servers from starting up properly since the request can never complete.

Image of errors in private message

Expected behavior

I expect the request to eventually go through in some capacity, however it never does due to misconfigured credentials on the game server.

A private message is associated with this bug report

5 Likes

This has been affecting us as well

1 Like

This error has broken multiple of my games with 100s of CCU. Probably a buggy update that was pushed to APIs. Please fix ASAP.

2 Likes

This is also affecting parts of the Creator Hub and website that use the same backend API responsible for these requests:

1 Like

Same issue here:

1 Like

No update from any of my devrel contacts yet. Player counts are rapidly decreasing.

2 Likes

Issue seems to be resolved(?) - others in this thread can confirm. Probably a silent fix from the team responsible after they realized there was an issue. Thanks for trying to get in contact w/ DevRel about this anyway :pray:

Issue is resolved for us as well.

1 Like

Issue is fixed for us as well :pray:

1 Like