403 error when posting offsite links

old post

I think this started happening yesterday. Whenever I try to post on Community Resources, I get this. This has also happened when I try to reply to people on other posts.

I’ve tried clearing my browser’s cache and cookies to no avail. I’m using a Chrome browser.

I don’t know if this is connected to the new beta Report Bug wizard, but this might have started happening after I used the Report Bug wizard.

Here are some things I’ve tried

• Clearing my cookies & cache
  • Incognito mode on Chrome (no plugins)
  • Firefox

EDIT:
It looks like this happens when you post offsite links.

1 Like

Have you tried switching browsers or turning off certain add-ons?

Usually a “403 forbidden” error means something is restricted in the backend, but here are a few things I’ve tried:

• Clearing my cookies & cache
  • Incognito mode on Chrome (no plugins)
  • Firefox

It’s still giving me the 403 error.

This just happened to me while working on a post:

C3PnpKQvq8

I do not think this is related to the new report wizard.

I also got something that said “drafts offline” after I pasted in code from the script editor… weird.

EDIT: It seems to be coming from adding tags. It worked as intended until I went to add tags.

My draft also just went away. Very frustrating.

1 Like

I didn’t have any tags on my post.

Looks like the real problem is with links.
@FxllenCode did you have any off-site links on your post?

I’ve found that I can just post without links, then edit the post and add the links after the post has been created.

I did! I was linking an article about FFlags. Interesting find.

1 Like

I can consistently reproduce this bug when the link is wrapped in quotes, this specific reply of mine could not be posted until I removed it, so I left the string empty and then edited the link back in.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to bump this, but I’m currently experiencing this issue too.

1 Like

i am also trying to edit a post but when i press Save Edit i also get 403 error

IV cleared all my browser data and still does not work but it allows me to edit when using my mobile phone

Edit* I can no longer post on my mobile as well now

I have same problem right now too - error 403:

Hi, is this still happening currently?

No, I believe it was fixed only a few days ago. Everything should be back to normal.

3 Likes