(5+ years) - [CLOSED] Game and Trailer Animator

Full-time 3D Animator graduate who has worked on the 8th Annual Bloxy Awards and has been nominated for 2 Bloxy Awards :trophy:!

Status ⌝

:red_circle: [CLOSED]
Game Animations
as of 2021-05-04T04:00:00Z

:red_circle: [CLOSED]
Animated Trailer
as of 2020-12-05T05:00:00Z

Professional

3 year College Degree for Digital Animation ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
5+ years animation experience
4 months teaching 3D animation
Past Accelerator Intern (Animating)
13 years on Roblox

Notable Studios

1 Roblox 8th Annual Bloxy Awards ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
2 Wonder Works Studio Overlook Bay
3 Cloud Entertainment Fishing Simulator
4 Untamed Planet Untamed Planet

Bloxy Awards Nominated for “Best Trailer” (8th annual)
Parenthood commissioned by Phoeberry & Wonuf Games

BloopVille commissioned by skyfloans & BloopVille™

Zombie Hunter commissioned by KyleCreate & Explosive Entertainment Studios

Bloxy Awards Nominated for “Best Trailer” (5th annual)
Game Dev Life commissioned by jjwood1600 & DoubleJGames

For an in depth review on my previous trailers visit: https://www.youtube.com/SpaceShift

Animated Trailer (30 seconds)

I offer a custom tailored experience for studios, teams and individual developers for the highest quality trailers on the market. This package aims to bring you your very own unique product for marketing.

What is included & what determines price
1 Planning Finding a good balance fitting animation and a story within a given time that the viewer will enjoy
2 Asset creation/exporting Asset creation, building and characters all have to be compiled and exported
3 Sound Production This includes finding non-copyrighted audio and sound effect compositing
4 Lighting/Texturing Scene lighting in 3D space as well as texturing and UV mapping
5 Camera Work Believable camera work to tie in the story and scenes
6 ANIMATION Animation takes a long time. Seconds of animation can take hours or even days to produce
7 Dynamics Simulated effects such as water, fire/explosions, smoke, clouds, god rays, clothing or other simulations
8 Rendering Countless hours of rendering, takes up time and resources
9 Compositing Putting together clips, effects, sound, title screens and logos
10 VFX Visual effects such as lens flare, gun shots, motion blur, keyframing, glows

Terms and Conditions ✅
  1. Price is negotiated together. This price is not to change once it’s decided by both parties, unless extra work is required.
  2. To prevent illegitimate service, a deposit of half the agreed amount will be collected once the project has commenced.
  3. Clients agree to cover any extra fees provided by PayPal or other payment service.
  4. The receiving party has the right to cancel at any time before progress has been made. Cancellations after progress does not ensure that the deposit will be refunded.
  5. Shift4D reserves the right to cancel the project at any moment in time, and all the money will be refunded.
  6. The receiving party has the chance to give any instruction at the beginning, but once agreed upon, it is not guaranteed that nearing completion any changes may be possible without further charges.
  7. Demos of animation and lighting will be shown before rendering. Once the rendering process starts, scenes will not be re-rendered unless there is any error.
  8. The receiving party can provide any asset they would like, which will not be shared, copied, or published in any medium by Shift4D.
  9. No copyrighted content is permitted in the video such as, music, pre-existing video content, artwork etc.
  10. A watermarked final version will be shown until the rest of the payment is collected.
  11. Final game video will go on the channel www.youtube.com/SpaceShift.

Last Updated: August 12, 2020

:warning: By reading this, you understand and agree to abide by these Terms.

Extra
  • I provide a one of a kind real-time animation roadmap where I send updates on your project, so you can see progress as it happens.
  • Exclusive character rigs not avaliable anywhere else.

For a quote, please contact Shift4D on Twitter, Roblox or YouTube

Game Animations

I work extremely fast and will finish most animations in under an hour.
Full-time / Part-time hourly rate: $35 USD

I'm a one man show! That means that I can only take on so many projects at once.

⌜ Estimations ⌝

[1 day]
Game Animations
Check status

[1 month+]
Animated Trailer
Check status

Why hire me?

• Your work, is my priority. You can expect high quality, and an overall great experience with me!
  • I’ve studied 3D animation in college, and taught it! Studied film and many other subjects.
  • I am very detail oriented, and I’m always improving my work.
  • Transparency is very important to me. You have the right to know how your work is handled.
  • My schedule is ever-changing but I will always stay open about delivery.
  • No hidden fees.

You can contact me via:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Shift4D
Roblox: Shift4D - Roblox
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/SpaceShift

Got any questions? Please do not hesitate to ask!

• Interested
  • Not Interested

0 voters

76 Likes

I’ve worked with Shift and I can’t find the words to describe how good he is at what he does. He stays committed and no matter what comes across him he will pull through and do it. I not only recommend you to hire him if you’re looking for an Animator but I highly suggest you save this DevForum post and or share it with people you think would be interested in hiring an animator.

9 Likes

Good Shift. He’s an experienced animator and I’d recommend him for anyone who wants a cinematic game trailer.

3 Likes

I had a really good experience working with Shift and he produced a great trailer for my game! Would definitely reccomend!

3 Likes

I’ve had nothing but positive interactions with Shift, he’s a great individual who is very committed to his crafts and is always eager to learn more. Above all else, he has a shining personality and holds himself to a very high standard of work. Whether it’s a solo commission or a studio project, I highly encourage anyone in need of his services to reach out while there is still an opportunity to do so. It’s only a matter of time before his high-caliber work lands him a full time gig with a front page game-dev group and I won’t be surprised if it happens soon.

2 Likes

Shift’s mind works more creatively than almost any animator on this platform, and this isn’t even mentioning his insane work ethic and work flow.

By far one of the most talented, hard working, professional animators on this platform.

5 Likes

Saw your guys trailer did he make it?

I was really impressed to see the quality for the Bloopville trailer. Amazing work man, you have a bright future in animations and media in general.

2 Likes

I’ve been following shift’s youtube for a very long time and I always love his work, I really hope I can order something from him soon/

1 Like

Hey we’d love to talk about a salaried position with Wonder Works Studio! Please message me for details!

7 Likes

I just commissioned a trailer from @Shift4D for my game Parenthood!
He was super professional from start to finish, while also being fun to work with. He created our vision better than we ever could have imagined it. I cannot recommend someone more than I could Shift, if you’re looking for industry standard work that will be loved, look no further than him!

5 Likes

really recommend this guy, crazy work and the most underated animator i know

1 Like

Wow, this is honestly some of the most impressive ROBLOX trailers I have ever seen. Absolutely amazing job.

1 Like

Can I just ask why you use autodesk maya which I believe costs money when you could just use blender, this is because I am getting into animating and I am just wondering why I should use that over blender?

I use Maya in a professional setting, as well as for school! Blender is an amazing alternative, and you should definitely pick that up instead. It also has a great community of people to learn and get resources from, since you’re just starting off.

Why I continue to use Maya though, is for the animation tools. I’m using Blender at the current moment, and I think the animation tools really lack compared to Maya’s. Just my opinion!

1 Like

Hey Shift! Are you still open for trailers?

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 5.54.20 PM

Available for a trailer I’m interested in hiring you for 2 trailers.

Are you available to take on any commissions ?