50+ Clones are stealing visits from my game and I can't do anything about it

Hi Everyone,

I launched my new game “JERRY” on the 20th of this month, and it hasn’t showed up in the roblox search results as of yet - 4 days later.
However, 50 or so fake/clone games pretending to be mine (using my original title, icon and description, as well as some ripped in-game assets) are currently showing up on the search instead MUCH higher than my game (I can’t even find my game, which has an 82% like ratio and 2M visits). The original game even has 2K + concurrents.

Fake Games:
https://gyazo.com/cf5accd8f2d9df19a1fa84f94bd1ea0f None of these are the original

These games have gotten 3M+ visits since the 20th time as people are searching for my game after watching the numerous YT creator videos of it. These games are all built to farm Robux off of unsuspecting young users and one of them currently has 1000 concurrent players at the time of writing this post.
See:
https://gyazo.com/305d3d0a8ecde4e333084aa96a0d9596

I’ve received hordes of tweets and messages from users asking me if that game is the real one and it’s been incredibly frustrating and troubling trying to figure out a solution to this problem, my game is simply not indexed on search, and its 30 rows down even though it was the first and with the highest playcount/like ratio and so on

Original: https://www.roblox.com/games/4838010116/JERRY-Floor-1

I’ve tried reaching out to Roblox through email twice, and have posted an unapproved Bug Report as well, the game is losing out on so much traction because of these clones somehow ranking higher. Any support from the Roblox staff at all would be MASSIVELY appreciated

YouTube video further elaborating on the same issue: roblox is BROKEN and people are ABUSING IT - YouTube

8 Likes

You could possibly try reaching out to them on social media.

Edit: Sorry, I wasn’t clear enough. I meant you could try and get Roblox to make your game show up first using social media to contact Roblox.

Already tried, the number of games are increasing exponentially, there is no way I can keep up and the biggest ones just refuse to respond

I don’t know if this will help but what I would do in this situation is advertise, to get more players that the bigger clones, then they will realize that they have lost and your game, will show up instead of the fakes.

1 Like

I don’t know how Roblox search algorithm knows to put popular games on the #1 spot twice as wide. I don’t even know if those are hand-picked or not. The best bet would be to grow your game and try to get that wider #1 spot. If they are hand picked, Roblox could probably help (very unlikely).

Hey, I don’t think this is the right category… It would fit #help-and-feedback:game-design-support at least a bit more.

You could try posting this somewhere else.

But, to answer your question. You should reach out to DevRel with request to delete the games. It is not nice and not legal as well (IP).

You could possibly sue them, but I would not recommend doing that. You could even lose(?) and you will lose lots of money.

These situations are hard to handle. Good luck though!

I agree that Roblox should handle these situations way better!

You could try reading the Terms of Service and see if those games are infringing on any of those rules (which I’m sure).

I saw this while skimming the Terms of Use but I don’t know if this applies to you. I hope it does.

Try getting into contact with ROBLOX SUPPORT to put your game here:
also, @ some staff members.

Hi, as much as it sucks for your game to get copied, you may only take other games down if they are using any content copyrighted from your game that you own. I am not sure if you have to file ownership of your assets to be able for Roblox to takedown the other games. You could maybe try filing a copyright of your thumbnail, and once you have the thumbnail copyrighted, send Roblox a DMCA claim to take down the other games. You could take a look here : https://www.copyright.gov/registration/ Although I believe there’s a fee to copyright your work. Good luck!