We’ve been getting a lot of questions about the 5th Annual Bloxy Awards and due to the volume and similarity of some of these questions, we have decided that an announcement containing a list of frequently asked questions would be an effective way to go about answering them.
Here are some of the common questions we’ve received:
Q: I’m a member of a development team, and one of our games is nominated for a Bloxy. If we win the award, will I get it too?
- A: Yes, those involved in development teams will receive the recognition and award as well.
Q: I’m a music composer/builder/graphic designer, and one of the games I have worked for is nominated for Best Original Music Score/Best Lobby/Best Game Logo. Does the Bloxy go to me, or to the developer who owns the game?
- A: Assuming proper credit is given, the asset creator (logo designer, lobby builder, music composer, etc.) will receive the Bloxy Award.
Q: My friend and I run a clothing company group, and we’re nominated for Best Clothing Company, and she owns the group. During the Red Carpet event, will she walk alone, or is she allowed to specify other people involved?
- A: Unfortunately, your friend will have to walk alone due to time restrictions. The Red Carpet event is very specifically-timed, and we would not have time to show everyone walking the carpet. Sorry!
Q: When are the Bloxy Awards going to take place?
- A: Sometime in February 2018. An exact date will be available in January 2018.
Q: Can the Bloxy Awards have clearer categories in the future?
- A: Yes! We appreciate your feedback and always seek to make the Bloxy Awards a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Q: When is the Bloxy Theatre opening, and how much will a seat cost?
- A: The Bloxy Theatre will be open to purchase seats mid-January. Follow and subscribe to Roblox’s social media channels for updates on the 5th Annual Bloxy Awards. Seat prices will be revealed when the theater is live.
Q: When should we expect to be contacted about thank-you messages?
- A: Soon. Please contact the owner of the studio/group if you did not receive the email from Roblox asking nominees to send their thank-you videos, as they may have received your email.
We hope this helps to clear up any confusion and questions regarding the 5th Annual Bloxy Awards! As always, please feel free to ask any further questions in this thread.
Developer Relations and Marketing Teams