7 FPS when focused on Roblox Studio but 45 FPS when not

I’ve found this weird thing happening to me, whenever I am in focus of Roblox Studio, I get 6-10 FPS but whenever I tab out and am not in focus, I get 40-45 FPS (even though I should be getting 60). I am running an Intel i7 10700K, 48gb of RAM, and an RTX 3080.

7 Likes

Have you checked with your Task Manager if the Roblox Studio is the real cause?

Bro, you have a better PC than mine like 10x way more upgrades, yet, I can run 3 studios or play test with 4 players and run smoothly?

Try reinstalling? Maybe try making a new place? Because my pc is like 1 trillion times worse than the person above me and it runs way better than yours currently.

2 Likes

It was working but it just decided not to anymore. Task manager is fine, everything at like 10% usage.

It turns out it was the place, was a bit odd that a place causes that much performance drop…

It does a lot. If there are too many instances, particle emitters, or just has some good heavy post proccessing it can cause your pc to just SKIBIDI BOP MM DADA BOOM :boom:. Maybe it could be textures? HD textures can also cause lag (PBR ecetra)

Other than that, you can change the render settings of your studio into Auto so that it can save your PC.

1 Like

Yea or maybe change graphics mode, Mesh Detail Level etc and stuff.

I created a new place, was fine at the start and then it dropped to 7 FPS, reinstalling now

Sounds like outdated drivers to me, I’m not sure what you mean by focus so I don’t really understand what changes the FPS. Check for driver updates on GeForce Experience. Updating drivers has made the difference for me many times in situations just as bad so it’s worth a shot.

2 Likes

Still happening, even after reinstall, drivers are latest. 60 FPS when not in focus, drops to 8 FPS when focused

Anyone have any ideas? I reinstall but the issue comes back eventually.

Please try changing your G-Sync mode to Fullscreen.