Schwifty Studios is the team behind Mad City. With a top concurrent player base of 250K concurrent players and over 1 billion play sessions, we are looking to expand our team to help us grow! As a programmer, you will help deliver new and exciting game play to a dedicated and invested player base. We hope to find candidates who are motivated to bring new ideas to the table and are invested in making the game better overall.
- A small and tightly knit team where you can get immediate feedback on your work
- The ability to contribute to core ideas of the game and help us advance
- Great experience working on a game with other talented creators who will push you to put out your best work
- A professional and understanding work environment
- Regular meetings and check-ins on your progress
- Be ambitious and not afraid to bring your ideas to the table
- Take initiative and have strong work ethic
- Work well with others and not be afraid to ask for help when you need it
- Care about the long term impacts of the experiences you deliver to both our game and our players
- Be creative and willing to share new and fresh ideas
PROGRAMMER | FULL TIME | MAD CITY | REMOTE
- Be willing and able to work with existing code and be able to expand and build upon it.
- Be able to bring the creations that our modelers and builders make to life and build meaningful experiences for players with them.
- Be willing to work with other programmers on your work.
- Heavy experience in physics (vehicle physics, relative velocity, etc.)
- Heavy experience in third person weapons
- Fluent English communication skills
- Heavy experience with effects and particles
- Heavy experience with data store
- Ability to do weekly updates consistently (excluding emergency situations)
- A fully released game that you have programmed and designed yourself
- Other experiences and references within your portfolio
- Experience in other fields that relate to game design (graphics, modelling, building, etc.)
- Good experience in working with and designing beautiful UI/UX
- Experience in security for exploit protection
- Experience with first person weapons and cameras
- Any other extra skills that might make your application stronger
About $75K-$100K USD/yr. based on your overall experience.
You must be 18 years or older to apply. If you’re interested in applying, please email SchwiftyStudiosDevelopment@gmail.com with the subject “Mad City Programmer” and include a copy of your portfolio/resume and a cover letter/overview of why you would want to work for Mad City. If we like your portfolio and are considering you for the job, we’ll reach out to you at the email you messaged us at.
Thanks for your interest and good luck! If you have any further questions, please leave them below and we’ll do our best to get back to you!