[$75K-$100K USD/yr] Mad City is Looking for a New Programmer!

Schwifty Studios is the team behind Mad City. With a top concurrent player base of 250K concurrent players and over 1 billion play sessions, we are looking to expand our team to help us grow! As a programmer, you will help deliver new and exciting game play to a dedicated and invested player base. We hope to find candidates who are motivated to bring new ideas to the table and are invested in making the game better overall.

• A small and tightly knit team where you can get immediate feedback on your work
  • The ability to contribute to core ideas of the game and help us advance
  • Great experience working on a game with other talented creators who will push you to put out your best work
  • A professional and understanding work environment
  • Regular meetings and check-ins on your progress

• Be ambitious and not afraid to bring your ideas to the table
  • Take initiative and have strong work ethic
  • Work well with others and not be afraid to ask for help when you need it
  • Care about the long term impacts of the experiences you deliver to both our game and our players
  • Be creative and willing to share new and fresh ideas

PROGRAMMER | FULL TIME | MAD CITY | REMOTE

• Be willing and able to work with existing code and be able to expand and build upon it.
  • Be able to bring the creations that our modelers and builders make to life and build meaningful experiences for players with them.
  • Be willing to work with other programmers on your work.

• Heavy experience in physics (vehicle physics, relative velocity, etc.)
  • Heavy experience in third person weapons
  • Fluent English communication skills
  • Heavy experience with effects and particles
  • Heavy experience with data store
  • Ability to do weekly updates consistently (excluding emergency situations)

• A fully released game that you have programmed and designed yourself
  • Other experiences and references within your portfolio
  • Experience in other fields that relate to game design (graphics, modelling, building, etc.)
  • Good experience in working with and designing beautiful UI/UX
  • Experience in security for exploit protection
  • Experience with first person weapons and cameras
  • Any other extra skills that might make your application stronger

About $75K-$100K USD/yr. based on your overall experience.

You must be 18 years or older to apply. If you’re interested in applying, please email SchwiftyStudiosDevelopment@gmail.com with the subject “Mad City Programmer” and include a copy of your portfolio/resume and a cover letter/overview of why you would want to work for Mad City. If we like your portfolio and are considering you for the job, we’ll reach out to you at the email you messaged us at.

Thanks for your interest and good luck! If you have any further questions, please leave them below and we’ll do our best to get back to you!

90 Likes

Is this an additional scripter prior to the current one, or a replacement?

11 Likes

This is an additional programmer to work with our current one!

13 Likes

Sweet!

I understand it will be remote, but will their be any sort of online meeting, via a video chat of some sort? Regular ones?

9 Likes

Hello! I am very interested, contact me via Gmail gabrianturner@gmail.com and add me on Roblox

3 Likes

Is this a remote position or on location?

11 Likes

I am pretty sure that it is remote :thinking:

4 Likes

It says it right here…

3 Likes

Thanks. That text was really hard to identify. Squished between two images.

8 Likes

no more jobs available? Also I want to talk to you in the dm of the developer forum

2 Likes

That would be my dream to work for Mad City. I have years of scripting experience as well and I would love to work for this amazing game. I would do a great job there.

I am gonna apply for it.

6 Likes

A programming role for a front page game, going for 75-100k a year. This is a responsibility that just can’t be chanced with a 13yo who obviously has school on top of that.

5 Likes

I know a few of the developers of Mad City and can easily say they’re super great guys, can’t recommend them enough.

If the crazy nice pay wasn’t enough of an incentive to apply, here’s my word that you should! Excited to see where this will take the game next :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sincerely, this is one of the best opportunities for great programmers to show their skill. Its very nice.to see a game like Mad City growing the Development Team, best of luck to who applies!

3 Likes

Awesome! Hope mad city get’s a good scripter/programmer!

2 Likes

A roblox game with the same salary of a astrophysicist, thinking about that just WOWS me.

5 Likes

I am interested.
You could look up to my portofolio here:

2 Likes

I would apply but I’m sadly only 17 :frowning:

1 Like

Sent an email. Love what you guys do.

Thank you for the opportunity.

1 Like

Cool. This is a really big opportunity, but not for me. Good luck finding someone professional in this type of job!

2 Likes