[$850 + %Game Revenue] Clairvoyant Entertainment LLC | Hiring Scripter, UI Designer

Clairvoyant Entertainment, LLC is hiring developers for our upcoming infiniverse (infinite universe) game, Stars. We are looking for a scripter, a builder, and a UI designer. In Stars, players will be able to explore a vast pre-generated, procedurally generated universe, claim and explore planets, build ships, join up with other players, have epic space battles, and much, much more.

THE BUILDER POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED, NO NEW BUILDER APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.

Info

Developers will be expected to manage their own time, be comfortable communicating through Discord on a daily basis, be able to communicate their progress in bi-weekly conference calls (Saturdays, every second week), and be comfortable working with other developers in Team Create.

Developers will be required to sign a consultancy agreement clarifying their relationship to Clairvoyant Entertainment, payment, and workload. As such, developers must be at least 18 years of age to apply.

Expectations for Scripters, Builders, and UI Designers

Scripters

Applicants for the Scripter position are expected to:

• Have experience in procedural generation
  • Have experience with OOP in Lua
  • Have experience working with ModuleScripts
  • Be comfortable working with code that was not written by him or herself
  • Complete assignments in a timely fashion

As a scripter, you will only be doing half of the scripting work

Builders

Applicants for the Builder position are expected to be able to:

• Create large and small scale builds
  • Create builds that all share the same or similar style
  • Complete builds in a timely fashion

UI Designers

Applicants for the UI Designer position are expected to be able to:

• Create UI that scales nicely across multiple platforms (PC, Console)
  • Create UI that shares the same style
  • Complete assignments in a timely fashion

Payment

Each developer will be paid in cash upon completion of the project as well as a percentage of game revenue both detailed below.

Scripter || $850 + 35%
Builder || $200 + 15%
UI Designer || $100 + 10%

Selected developers will also be placed on higher priority for future full-time employment positions.

Applying & Contact

Any developer interested in applying for a position can do so by DM’ing @Rocky28447 here on the DevForum stating what position they’d like to apply for, any contact information, a portfolio of one or more pieces, as well as an optional reference.

Any questions can also be DM’d to @Rocky28447, or sent in a reply to this post. If anything in this post is unclear and needs clarification, do not hesitate to let me know.

(An alternative form of contact would be through discord. My discord handle is Rocky28447#7843 for those unable to post on the DevForum.)

8 Likes

You never say anything about hours in your job description. How many hours are you expecting a scripter to work for $600, and then for their pay to be cut in half once they have reached a certain amount owned?

5 Likes

Not many people are going to be attracted to a job that cuts your pay in half once you reach ten times the original flat payment amount.

3 Likes

Again, the reduction in percentage is negotiable.

Some amazing developers are under 18! Why are you doing this?

4 Likes

People desire a percentage of the game’s profits to have some level of stability once the job is over. Even if you agree to change that amount, it’s still not appealing because that stability is taken away. Furthermore, if you were talking about waiving it, why would you even have that in the contract because everyone that takes the job would want it waived.

It’s mainly for legal reasons.

In that case I will definitely consider waiving the reduction in percentage or at least modifying it to provide more stability to developers. I thought having only a one time decrease would be stable enough. Obviously if I had the budget for it I would ditch the percentage reduction and simply pay the developers more in cash while having a slightly lower, but constant, percentage.

Correct. This is due to the contract that developers will have to sign.

Is there a link to the group?

Yep!

4 Likes

Updated thread to provide an alternative contact info for those unable to post on the DevForum.

Seeing 600$ dollars in a title followed by UI Designer had me interested, but UI designers are only recieving 100$ + 10%. A bit misleading.

3 Likes

My apologies. That was not the intention.

2 Likes

Is there any position open for a music composer?

1 Like

Not at the moment. We will more than likely look for a composer/translator/etc as the game nears its final state. For now we are just looking to fill core development positions.

1 Like

Sounds good! When you need a composer, please feel free to contact me!

1 Like

yeah they’re front page developers that are under 18, and are super super talented.

1 Like

After careful consideration, I have decided to waive the reduction in payment percentage to ease concerns about the stability of the payment, and have also raised the scripter’s payment to $850.

The new payment breakdown is as follows:

Scripter || $850 + 35%
Builder || $200 + 15%
UI Designer || $100 + 10%

I hope this will encourage those who had doubts about the payment to apply.

Edit to the edit:
In case some were confused, the scripting workload will be divided between myself and the contracted scripter.

Hey,

I tried to add you on Discord, but it wouldn’t allow me. Is your name on discord still “Rocky28447#7843”?

My discord is Ted#3573

Thanks for reading