New Text Chat Service
One-click Collaborate Button
Save rig with Animation
Script Editor API
Start Page List Display

Reproduction Files:

9-Slice Bug

Expected Behavior

The 9-Slice Editor should open normally when you press the “…” button.

Actual Behavior

When I open the Studio the button that should open the 9-Slice Editor does not work, if there was no other way to open it I would never be able to open it.

The issue is solved when I open the 9-Slice Editor in another way (as seen in the video), it is as if the Studio knows that the 9-Slice Editor is open when in fact it is not and that is why the button would not open it “again”.

I have tried disabling all beta features and it still did not work. I also tried uninstalling Studio and it worked the first time I opened 9-Slice Editor but after closing it it did not.

9-Slice Bug

Workaround

For those of you who don’t know how to fix this problem while the engineers fix it, just do what I did in the video in the post.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-05 00:09:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-09-10 00:09:00 (-05:00)

9 Likes

Currently experiencing the same issue, but am entirely unable to open 9 slice editor because when I right click to open the menu you’re showing above I don’t see 9 slice editor as an option (see below), am I doing something wrong?

2 Likes

For whatever reason the issue has now been resolved on my end, I’m not sure if it was something I did or if it was an update that was pushed.

2 Likes

Hi @xmaanzach and @LoadingL0n3ly, thanks for reporting this bug! I’ll let you know when this is fixed!

6 Likes

I have the same issue. I closed and reopened the studio. But still the problem exists.

4 Likes

It’s completely broken, doesn’t even let you manually assign values. Windows 10.

4 Likes

The same is going on for me on Windows 11. It was working perfectly fine yesterday, and now it’s not allowing me to assign values, or open the 9 slice window.

After posting this I uninstalled studio from my pc and reinstalled it. The editor now works after a reinstall.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, this should be fixed, everything ok?

This is still bugged for me, it worked fine for a couple of weeks but now when I try to open the 9-slice editor it doesnt open at all

Did you try reinstalling studio? It fixed it for me

this is broken again… how to fix??

re-installing studio did not fix, i just tried :confused: Is this a Roblox bug right now that we can’t do anything about?