A BIG LAPTOP UPGRADE (Modelling) WHAT'S YOUR OPINION?

Hello everyone!

Thanks for visiting this post. I have made an upgraded version of my previous laptop model since I have learned new skills since then! What do you think?

Old Laptop

Uploading: RobloxScreenShot20211014_161454832.png…

New Laptop (PS Zerox 1)

Side by Side:

What do you prefer?

• PS Zerox 1
  • Old Laptop

0 voters

Thanks,
Aki

14 Likes

I think they both look really good! Keep up the good work dude.

2 Likes

The new one looks wonderful! You’ve improved a lot! :happy2:

2 Likes

The new one look really amazing maybe expect this meh hinge. Anyway, if not plastic material the old one looks cool too.

2 Likes

Speaking of hinge, it actually would close in half if the laptop is closed! Of course, I didn’t include the feature because I wasn’t trying to make the laptop closeable.

2 Likes

The glowing letters and symbols on the keys for the new laptop really finish it off. Good work G!

2 Likes

That looks a lot like my own laptop :flushed::flushed:. Very cool!

2 Likes

How long did it make to model those characters on the keyboard? :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Well, cough I had to use the 3D text plugin. But, it still took me a LONG time to sort them out. :sweat_smile: (Except the PS logo, I made that)

2 Likes

It must’ve taken a long time to center every character, huh? :sob:

2 Likes

That’s oddly interesting. :flushed:

May you send me a DM of your laptop? It would be cool to do a similar model to it for PS Zerox 2! :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, Precision was key. (pun intended)

Fun fact: the keyboard uses the ‘Aki’ layout. It’s basically Qwerty but MY version.

3 Likes

Did anyone else join this thread expecting to give hardware advice for modelling in blender? I’ll keep that in my pocket. :sunglasses:

Which do I like better? I’ll be honest, keep both. They are obviously 2 different generations of laptop.

3 Likes

Yessir, you have a great point. :+1:

Gold star for you :star:

1 Like

Looks nice. There are 2 things I’d change a bit. First, since the camera is inset, the screen should be too. Another thing is a complete lack of hinges. Although this is barely noticeable, the way the newer one is made makes it impossible to close it without a big gap.

4 Likes

Some more models and you will be creating my laptop.

2 Likes

The new one looks way better in my opinion.

1 Like

The real question is do they have the same charging cable. Because I think like every new mac book really needs a new charging cable. (Sarcasm)

3 Likes

Yes, I’m really sorry but it really doesn’t appear on the screenshots.
MY MODELS - Roblox
Here’s the game to see it properly! (Don’t mind the other models)
Rest assured, the screen is inside the frame of the laptop.

1 Like

Taking notes. :spiral_notepad:

What do you think I should add? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like