A builder does UI

Name: My 3rd UI ever
Creator: THULiCORE

Am I ready for UI comms?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

11 Likes

Assuming this is for a cafe or restaurant-type game, I would say lighten up the colors a bit.

I don’t know if this is just me, but that type of game reminds me of bright, saturated colors.

With that said, another great thing you can add is variety of color to different buttons to make it pop. Yes button? Make it green. No button? Make it red and add a big “X”.

Pretty good for your 3rd UI. Much potential to be had here man.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, green and orange is a large eyesore unless you’re colourblind…

Also tried doing that to the top bar X and it is less visible than currently is. Might make it navy blue for better visibility though.

2 Likes

Green and orange is kind-of an eye sore you’re right. But it was more a way of seeing what I was saying rather than a suggestion. You’re UI layout is good, but the repetitive color scheme is what is killing it.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree the colours are pretty monotonous, but I’m not sure what colours can go well. Even yellow is an eyesore to some extent.

1 Like

Join some of your favorite Roblox games and see how most of them use different colors for different things to catch the players eye. For example, the frame and buttons can be blue and white, but the “VIP” gamepass button is gold, and the “Exit” button is a lighter red.

2 Likes

Maybe do cooler colors (Blue, green, purple.) My 3rd ui is like 1/200 as good as yours.

1 Like

Just reminds me of the moon animator default theme, and it doesn’t feel like it would take that long to make with a little bit of knowledge of UI. I don’t mean to sound like I’m hating, I’m just trying to say it bluntly that I don’t think it’s that advanced of a GUI. It’s not bad, but I don’t think you’re ready for commissions just yet!

1 Like

Okay, that is just messed up. I seen tons of worst Ui’s and have made worse uis. It modern and simple. What was your third ui?

1 Like

Wait, what’s the moon animation default theme? The moon animator default theme is still orange and black, although I felt like a bit of transparency and blur would help it a bit.

Looks amazing. I love the modern theme and how you used transparency/blur. I would say the color is just a bit bright. Maybe you could have your accent color as a navy instead of an orange? It’s really good considering you’re a builder. A few more tries and I think you’ll be ready for comms.

1 Like

I think that UI designers tend to really have an eye for theming.

While I think that the UI you’ve come up with is well made, I don’t think it works thematically. The black background and neon orange text, resembles something like a terminal from Half-Life or Portal. I think the color really needs to be inverted; blue on white background. The window design you have going could theoretically work, but it would need to be framed better, if that makes sense (less floaty, and more flush with the borders).

Nextly, the competing text-sizes placed right next to eachother, are a bit off-putting. Adding a divisor between separate options might be ideal (ex; a divisor between the ‘pick a flavor’ section, and the ‘pick a size’ section) .

The menu buttons also need to be better distinguished (categorically) from the ‘Record order’ and ‘Check orders’ buttons.

1 Like

Looks nice and clean, I like it. Not a UI designer at all, but it seems like the design doesn’t appeal to everyone

(Also what’s a fizzy drink)

I remember you from RBX architects, I love your builds and your UI It amazing!

1 Like

OH THAT’S WHY I FEEL IT FELT SO CRAMPED THANKS

Previously I experimented with a few colours, however the game it’ll be in has an orange colour theme, so this should fit best

1 Like

Solid for a 3rd UI, but before taking commissions you should learn the basics of alignment, text hierarchy, padding and consistency; such as text and icon sizes.

Your icons should fit into margins (e.g, nothing should be touching the edges, icons and text should maintain reasonable padding from the edges in all directions)
Your use of text sizes is quite inconsistent, and text lacks hierarchy; titles (or subtitles to an extent) should be bolder, with body text (or prompts) being the default light variant.

tl;dr
Keep the distances from edges consistent (in buttons and from the edges of the background frame), implement text hierarchy, keep text sizes consistent, fit your button contents into a margin, align your text and utilise text sizes appropriately.

Useful starter videos:

2 Likes

aka soda, will rename

agreed, finding good surfacegui text has been so hard I always default to Gotham in building 99% of the time

I find that the math in UI designing is a tad harder than building, I’ll work it out with time though, thanks

Don’t worry, I chatted with them on Discord and they got hacked

1 Like

dont just directly do comms when your a begginner at something.

1 Like