A chassis speed goes over limits

With pretty much all my cars, whenever it goes downhill, the speed overloads and makes it difficult to steer and control, moreover, I thought they were all supposed to have a certain top speed, I’ve tried changing weight, it kind of works, but it means going uphill is a large problem, I’ve tried wheel density, didn’t work.

Can anyone please help me as this is a crucial part of my game, I looked in the forum and there is a post all about limiting top speed but I don’t think that’s what I’m looking for, any suggestions or tips?

1 Like

Try making the friction of the wheels bigger.

I believe the speed limiter on A-Chassis only applies to throttle input. If you notice, when going downhill and applying throttle the speed won’t exceed the limit, it’s only when you coast down a hill where this happens. You could try modifying the limiter to make it detect the actual speed of the car rather than applying the limit to throttle input.

That won’t change anything, it’s only exceeding the limit because of forward momentum.

When you say ‘changing weight’ and then say that makes going uphill a problem I’m guessing you increased the weight?
To decrease momentum downhill try decreasing the weight of the car overall so that gravity doesn’t act on it as much.
Also, going downhill in a car will increase the speed in real life too so to make your game realistic you should take that into account. I’d suggest making the car Parts density Massless and the wheels very dense.

1 Like

Yes, I increased the weight, I will try all your suggestions and come back with an answer soon, thank you all for your help and suggestions!

In the mean time, anyone else know any tips?

Wheel friction and density are already on max when I do it in the custom physical properties in the properties tab

I’ve tried, nothing is working, a car at 650 horsepower is going over 100mph when downhill, is this normally, is horsepower even speed? What other a chassis tune stats, features and important info do I need to know?

If this continues, my whole game is pretty much ruined

Is there another way to change car speed other than horsepower?

Think about it. Your car is increasing speed downhill. Gravity force is what is increasing the max speed on your car here, not the horsepower. Higher Part Density (mass, weight) is causing your car to accelerate.
Typically I make the wheel Friction and Density 2.0 and then modify the Density of the chassis Parts to make it handle the way I want, then I fine tune the suspension to react to the densities of the entire car assembly. This is on cars that use HingeConstraints for the wheels to provide the motivating force that moves the car. Scripts that use BodyMovers will obviously work a bit differently.
I’d work on making the car handle better when travelling faster. I have Formula One cars that go insanely fast (265 studs/sec) on a varying curved, banked track and they handle just fine.
https://www.roblox.com/games/534616891/4-by-4s-Tracked-vehicle-Formula-1-suspension?refPageId=eec59640-c643-4bcd-9ad8-26b48d50fd78

Thanks, I’m starting to accept that this is inevitable, I installed the modified version of the drive script which you can find in the following topic: Limiting Top Speed of a Car (A-Chassis Tune 6.52S2), even with this the car’s top speed goes over what I inputted when it goes downhill, I’ll just embrace this and move on, thank you all for the help and support, very much appreciated! :+1:

1 Like