A-chassis tuning Help

Currently, I’m fine tuning an A-chassis frame, but I’m grappling with the intricacies of adjusting the speed, braking force, and turning radius to achieve a more realistic performance. I’ve successfully linked the A-chassis to the car model and located the script for editing the A-chassis. However, I’m seeking guidance on precisely modifying the speed, braking force, and turning radius parameters to enhance realism.

Any insights or tips on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Have you looked at the Desmos graph that you can edit in real-time?

If you don’t understand how to use this, I usually base my values off of real-world vehicles and then set the CurveMult to a value that allows the vehicle to behave more realistically while having the most accurate values for the vehicles. The best way to get accurate values is just trial and error in this scenario.

1 Like

Yea I am currently using that atm however where abouts in the a-chassis script would I edit the following things:

• speed
  • weight
  • turning radius

I’ll write down an incomprehensive list of values that are relevant to the things you want to change because they directly impact these attributes of the vehicle.

Speed:

• Engine Parameters:
    • Tune.Horsepower: Naturally aspirated horsepower.
    • Tune.PeakRPM: Where horsepower reaches its peak.
    • Tune.Redline: The engine’s rev limiter.
    • Turbocharger and Supercharger parameters (Tune.Turbochargers, Tune.Superchargers, etc.) if applicable.
  • Transmission Parameters:
    • Gear ratios (Tune.Ratios, Tune.FinalDrive, etc.).
    • Differential settings (Tune.FDiffPower, Tune.FDiffCoast, etc.).
    • Traction Control settings (Tune.TCSEnabled, Tune.TCSThreshold, etc.).

Weight:

• Weight and CG Parameters:
    • Tune.Weight: Total weight of the chassis.
    • Tune.WeightDist: Weight distribution (front/rear bias).
    • Tune.CGHeight: Center of gravity height.

Turning Radius:

• Suspension Parameters:
    • Front and Rear Suspension settings (Tune.FSusStiffness, Tune.RSusStiffness, etc.).
    • Steering-related parameters (Tune.SteerRatio, Tune.LockToLock, etc.).
    • Four Wheel Steering settings (Tune.FWSteer, Tune.RSteerOuter, etc.).
1 Like

For the traction which one do I edit out of these properties.

Okay, let’s go over these ones.

• Tune.TCSEnabled determines if the Traction Control System is enabled to begin with.

• Tune.TCSThreshold determines the angular velocity until the Traction Control System intervenes to control wheel spin.

• Tune.TCSGradient is related to the rate at which the Traction Control System adjusts engine power or applies braking based on the threshold.

• Tune.TCSLimit limits the overall Traction Control System’s influence and represents the maximum amount of intervention or control applied to prevent wheel spin.

1 Like

Ok last thing, you mentioned about the radius however none of the properties that you mention is on the script.

We must have different modules then. I apologize for that mistake, I’ll go over these with you.

The inner and outer steering variables are the minimum and maximum angles in degrees that the tires can turn at. Most of the comments are really self-explanatory here, the tick that they’re referring to may each time the vehicle is updated, which may be done through a connection on RunService.Stepped (you can see the source for yourself).

The steering decay (SteerDecay) is the general responsiveness of the tires. I’m not too familiar with MSteerExp because I haven’t familiarized myself with that one yet.

Ok, do you also know why the vehicle spins out when ever you take a corner too fast

1 Like

When you take a turn in a car, there are two main forces at play. One force wants to keep the car moving straight (centrifugal force), and the other is the friction between the tires and the road. If you go into a turn too fast, the centrifugal force can become stronger than the friction, causing the tires to lose their grip on the road. When this happens, the car can spin out of control.

This is all just a common occurrence in the physics engine, as Roblox has intended.

1 Like

Is there currently a setting in the tune script that would stop this from happening.

1 Like

You can either modify the source code or toy with the traction control settings. Unfortunately, there is no better judge than the human in a scenario like this (until robots take over the world).

I’d like to add that the physical properties of the wheels can largely impact the performance of the wheels.

1 Like

What would you recommend?

1 Like

I want to share this great answer I got from the new assistant with you, which I think may help you in this case:

References here were also provided:

https://create.roblox.com/docs/parts/materials

https://create.roblox.com/docs/physics/units

1 Like

Thank you for your help, I understand this more now

1 Like