A Custom HotBar System

So I was playing a normal game of arsenal today and i stumbled upon this hotbar type of system.
Imagee
And Umm I was wondering how such a system was made.
According to me, Which is mostly not 100% accurate i feel its a custom hotbar made by arsenal.
I was just wondering how it was implemented.
If Any Solutions Given
Thank You.

4 Likes

It’s not that hard you just need to make the ui for it and code the functionality

1 Like

You are indeed correct, it is a custom hotbar.

Speaking in basic terms, essentially they have chosen not to use the default hotbar and have thus created their own. Its relatively simple to do this, providing you are prepared to do all the tool equipping yourself. By simply tracking key down (using Input Began) yourself in your own UI, you can make a request to a server script to equip a specific tool.

The UI itself, is just an interface - this essentially means that its likely going to work relatively independently. When you are tracking the key down request, you could also make it display the equipped weapon much like they have - simply by using transparency properties.

I wouldn’t say its particularly complicated, just a bit long winded to explain - but the basic process is:

• capture key input
  • if key is corresponding to a slot (for example in 1. you might have “Railgun”) then send to server to equip weapon.
  • on server, equip the weapon to the client - this might be done through Humanoid:EquipTool() or through your own custom gun engine.
  • on client, visualise that the slot has been equipped.
9 Likes