A fast going on removing phishing accounts?

I think there needs to eather be a way for the end user to be able to filter our messages, like messages with the content named “award” goes to “archive” etc.
Or a way for roblox, to suspend phishing accounts faster.
As i got theese messages quit quickly.

It also seems like the bot is sending messages twice each hour.

WARNING:
DO NOT GO TO THE LINK.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.

1 Like

Instead of re-inventing the wheel with filtering, ROBLOX could just allow power users to have their PMs forwarded to their email which has the most powerful of filters with years and years of work.

3 Likes

Most people can avoid this stuff by just adjusting their privacy settings to “only friends & followers can message you”

That’s what I do. I’ve had no issues. Problem still exists in other UGC areas of the site.

Sadly new bots now follow you and then unfollow, just to pm…

As discussed in another recent thread, blacklisting by single words can fail horribly. Blacklisting by almost the whole message (About 90-95% at least) is what I am certain of is the way to stop this current disasterful situation with spammy bots everywhere.
Comments are spammed, PMs are spammed, who knows if the ROBLOX forums will be next (if that’s still alive)

Hey, I should get back to making that extension with PM spam filters and such. You know, if ROBLOX won’t do it.

2 Likes