A few questions about organizing

Hello.
I have a few questions about organizing and there they are:

• Which one is the better way to store RemoteEvents/RemoteFunctions?

• 1. ReplicatedStorage > Inventory > RemoteEvents > equip
    • 2. ReplicatedStorage > RemoteEvents > Inventory > equip

Seems like it’s not a huge difference but it is. Personally I like the first one more.

• Which one is better?

• 1. Having an PartHandler ModuleScript and everytime I want to serialize a part do:
      PartHandler:Serialize(part)

• 2. Having an Serializer ModuleScript and everytime I want to serialize a part do:
      Serializer:Serialize(part)

Note that PartHandler ModuleScript might be a huge mess and have like 10+ different functions when Serializer ModuleScript haves a few of them and all of them with the same objective - serialize. That’s why I personally like the second one more.

• How should I name…
    • Folder:

• Should I name a folder that stores all the items singular or plural?
    • Script that receives a call from RemoteEvent/RemoteFunction and nothing other than that?

• ModuleScript that does all the stuff with a part?

• Part,
      • PartManager - Yes, I use that one,
      • PartHandler,
      • Other - please specify.

These are my 3 biggest problems with organization. I want to keep things organized but I’m not really good at it.

For your first bullet, I just usually put a folder in ReplicatedStorage, name it Remotes, and put my remotes in there.

For your second bullet, it doesn’t really matter, unless you want to be able to find a certain spot of code really quick, then use #2.

For your third bullet, name folders plural. Having a folder named Remote and you have 10 RemoteEvents/RemoteFunctions in that folder would be weird. For scripts that receive calls from remotes, it matters what the remote is. If it is about touching a part, then name it TouchHandler or something. For ModuleScripts, I usually like to do ___Manager or ___Handler.

1 Like