A game for a friend

1. What do you want to achieve?: A good game idea for my friend.

2. What is the issue?: I cant think of a good game idea than a story game.

3. What solutions have you thought of so far?: I thought of making a horror game or a funny game stories of the horror game could be like “Bad memories” which sounds bad already but the funny game can be “Funny pics of games we’ve played jumpscares or just surprise obby

3 Likes

For me that’s the whole point of game development, the thing is you should know what to make, he is your friend, not ours. Also to my knowledge, you shouldn’t be spreading your ideas so much, keep it anonymous, this also might be from my religion but I am not sure.
Good luck and I hope I did not sound weird and useless.

6 Likes

Probably try making a 2D, Tower Defense game similar to The Battle Cats. To put it simply on the gameplay of The Battle Cats, you basically need to summon units to defeat the enemy base and the enemies along the way.

If you wanna see a more in-depth explanation on the gameplay, play The Battle Bricks (Fangame of TBC) or the game itself.

3 Likes

If someone had a good idea, do you honnestly think they’ll be sharing it with you? They’ll use it for themselve.

Try getting some ideas by yourself, you can inspire from already existing games, or even make a fangame of a game you like.

4 Likes

If your friend needs ideas, make HIM post it

Its breaking a rule, asking for a friend

5 Likes

No, he wants ideas his gonna tell his friend. Maybe his like, the one who, in a team, give the ideas. Plus this is only valid if the friend isn’t a DevForum member so maybe they are.

Last thing, instead of saying that, just flag.

2 Likes

Unless they know they won’t ever actually make the idea themself.

4 Likes

This is very difficult since I don’t have many details on what you and your friend want.

The horror game sounds like you need a story writer, not just some random game idea. Unless you mean a game more like Doors where there’s less story and more action. Horror games aren’t my strong suit when it comes to ideas though, so sorry, I can’t help with this one.

The funny game on the other hand sounds right up my alley and I wanna help but what does your friend consider funny? What do you mean by funny exactly? Funny could be literally any game where the dialog is filled with puns, or it could be a fighting game but you ragdoll and fly all over when you die, or it could be completely based around funny stuff but then the best question is: What’s the funny stuff? And the answer to that can only be provided by you and your friend, because you two know your own humor the best.

2 Likes

Right. Anyways you can simply use ChatGPT, it gives pretty good ideas.

How about a virtual treasure hunt game set in a sprawling, mysterious island? Players can team up to solve puzzles, overcome obstacles, and discover hidden treasures while navigating through different themed areas.

Yeah uh I don’t know if that one is really a great one, but yeah sometimes it gives good idea.

2 Likes

I really like this idea, Thanks!

My friend is the one that’s playing the game because it will be a surprise which means he doesn’t know what the game idea is (I will be making the game).

2 Likes

Not going to lie I dont know what my friend considers funny but my guesses from experiences he likes “slang language” things that might sound funny to him are prob unexpected things or ways to die.

1 Like

Hmm, This is actually really good!

1 Like

Oh alright. So yeah @Coolsbloxian, as I said it’s fine.

Great you like it!

1 Like

That kinda feels like cheating though, plus then it’s not something that really came from you.

2 Likes

ChatGPT gives idea that then you can make better or change some stuff.

A lot of game are doing it, so eh is that really when everyone’s doing the same?

1 Like

I liked the “solving puzzles” part in the ChatGPT and also the 2d vibe from @imnotaguest1121, Combining them makes them a great game idea.

2 Likes

@xander5610 see? It’s not like we directly take it, but we inspire from what ChatGPT says.

2 Likes

Actually yes. I’m sure your parents told you “If all your friends are jumping off a cliff are you gonna jump too?”

1 Like

Yes, I agree. Mixing those would make a great game

1 Like