A game I made, Dune Buggy Driving

Hello, People Of The DevForum!

Over the past couple months I’ve been working on a driving game. It has been out for a little and I have done a lot of work on it ever since. So what do you guys think of it? What levels can I add? What can I fix? Feedback is appreciated! :smiley:

Here is the game: Dune Buggy Driving - Roblox

Thanks a lot! ,
Cheekybones579

3 Likes

Still open to feedback! Thank You!

The concept is really cool. However, it lacks polish. If I were you, I would practice building more and more. You should definitely add variation to some of the builds and polish the GUIs more. However, if there’s one thing I want you to do, it’s to not let people who are saying “this sucks and your skills suck” get you down, because skill develops over time. Don’t listen to stuff like that, keep your head up, and keep up the work. Eventually, you’ll grow astronomically. My first build was tough and unpolished and it took me a long time to get to where I am. So, keep up the work, and continually build onto the concept. Good Luck!

1 Like

Hey at the time of writing this, it’s been like 30 minutes since you posted this topic. Even if people are testing your game, they still need time to actually play it.

Anyways, feedback:

The buggys handle well.

This is the first buggy I’ve tried driving. You’ll want to line up the wheels with the hubcaps and adjust their suspension strength so that they don’t clip through so much

The buggys in the game don’t actually go fast enough or are light enough to make this jump. Fortunately, there isn’t even an actual gap. See if you can find some arrow decals and put those on the ramp instead of those models made of parts.

This ramp is one of a few that are actually so steep that the front of the buggy hits the ramp before the wheels do, making it hard to actually climb the ramp. Adjust for that.

These purple notes are impractical/impossible to weave between if you want to stay on the track.

It’s not immediately obvious to the player that they need to drive through this solid-wall-which-secretly-isn’t-solid. I’d suggest something like a stone path leading from the door to the wall for the player to follow.

Is it supposed to be impossible to drive over this part?

Floating police station.

You must make it so that players can only have one car at a time.
My ping eventually reached 60k, and I didn’t even have to click that much. Whatever admin script you have kicked me for “unexpected client behavior” but the damage was already done. Fortunately I was the only one in the server so it has likely shut down for now.

Overall, the game seems very incomplete. All tracks should be widened a bit, and invisible ramps and road colliders should be added to a lot of areas to make the driving smoother.

4 Likes

Hello! Sorry I didn’t respond to your post for a while. I have read and reviewed all of your arguments and have tried to fix the game to the best of my ability. If I did miss something or you would like me to add something to the game please contact me:
Roblox: @cheekybones579
Discord: Cheetoman #6300

P.S. still working on a car de-spawner : )

1 Like