A Game Using Only PBR Textures

Hello there, I am currently making a WW1 FPS game and for the textures I am only using PBR textures I custom made from substance painter. I wanted the game to perform for all types of systems, so I made all of the props low poly, around 15k tris and lower. The textures are exported in 2k but are compressed to roblox’s standard 1024 x 1024. I don’t know how much lag PBR textures give so please give me some feedback and such.

52 Likes

:cold_face: REALLY COOL BRUHHHHHH this honestly is insanely cool!

8 Likes

Those textures are amazing! Please tell me when you release it, it looks so cool!

4 Likes

This sorta look like graphics for the game o.O

1 Like

I thought this was a render at first lol
Nice job.

2 Likes

Oh wow, that does not look like Roblox :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

Dang! That looks really nice! I look forward to playing it in the future.

1 Like

This is amazing; it looks like a high-quality GFX thumbnail I would pay good money for.

If you do want this game to take off as much as possible, I do encourage you to look into reducing texture quality for different graphics settings, otherwise amazing job so far. I’m ecstatic to see updates!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. The way the game is currently set up it would automatically already reduce the texture quality when you change your Roblox graphic settings.

2 Likes

The lighting in this is incredible, especially with the orange light emitted by the oil lamps reflecting from the wood surface. Honestly even with 1024x1024 PBR texture resolution this looks awesome.

The reflections alone kinda makes me think this is ray-traced, or perhaps its just a smart use of lighting by you! Either way well done!

1 Like

how does the texture lower it’s quality? I don’t think you can change pbr textures with scripts. If you can please tell me how since changing pbr textures is very helpful.

1 Like

SHEESH. That looks hella cool.

1 Like

Literally looks like something out of Unreal Engine ._. Looks amazing!

1 Like

It looks insane. Can’t wait to this to my friend that thinks Roblox has kid graphics only lol.

As far as I’m aware, PBR Support isn’t available yet outside of Roblox Studio, right? I’m actually not sure since it was in beta a few months ago. I don’t know if it is already available or not.

Once again, keep up the good work. Also, is Substance Painter a paid software?

1 Like

Almost mistook the bottom screenshot for Battlefield 1, amazing job!

1 Like

I believe PBR support is live already.

And yes, Substance Painter is a paid software.

That’s beautiful. I barely believe its even roblox.

It doesn’t look bad but might as well give feedback on the realism of the props.

From the looks this is a British trench, of which I assume from the Lewis machine gun and the SMLE Mark III sitting on the trench walls. There is also an American model 1897. Might be wrong but I’m sure the British did not use the Model 1897, so it’s a flaw that means about nothing. There is also a German MP 18 on the floor, so it would mean some soldier got their hands on it or the trench was overrun.
Not the best on howitzer facts but the howitzer in that screenshot looks like a combination of a British 4.5 inch howitzer, British 18 pounder gun, and some random German howitzer I cannot remember the name of. Not a large problem, which is why I’m addressing it.
Kind of seems like the soldier on the left side of this screenshot is carrying a Lewis machine gun, so maybe he dropped his rifle.
Not sure what the soldier near the center right is carrying on his back, looks like a chair or two rifle stocks. At least this soldier held his original gun though.

Pretty random and useless feedback but I guess it could work. For sarcastic measures, these screenshots sure aren’t “doughy”. (i assume most people wont get it)

1 Like

nice job this looks like pure skill and effort

1 Like

late response
but
is it laggy when you play